Blackhawk and Walden Worcester Socket Wrenches - Info needed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Blackhawk and Walden Worcester Socket Wrenches - Info needed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Whetstone on Monday, January 12, 2009 - 08:59 pm:

I've seen mention of these tools in a few threads, so I'm hoping someone on here is a little knowledgeable on these. I've got a 1927 Dyke's Encyclopedia that lists the Walden Worcester socket wrenches for use with Ford cars. I've picked up a few wrenches that aren't on the list and can't find anything on them. I've also got a Blackhawk wrench which I have yet to find any specific information on.
Does anyone know what the following Walden Worcester tools are for: 620, 755, 1222, 2522, 2525, 2619, 3240 and X1848
Iíve also got a Blackhawk 4219X, Iíve seen this tool in a photograph on Shorpyís site but canít find anything on what it was specifically for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Monday, January 12, 2009 - 09:56 pm:

I can help with a few:755 is an Overland socket wrench,1222 is a "T" handle 11/16 rim wrench, 2522 is 11/16 off set ,2525 is 25/32 offset and 2619 is a 19/32sst wrench. These last four are part of a lage set that was offered.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don McNeill on Monday, January 12, 2009 - 10:29 pm:

http://alloy-artifacts.com/index.html
An excellent tool site. Jack, I hope to see you again at Chickasha. Your tool knowledge is astounding!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Whetstone on Monday, January 12, 2009 - 10:51 pm:

Thanks for the information Jack. The 755 being for an Overland is right along the lines of what I was looking for. You mentioned the last four being part of a large set, do you happen to know if the set was for a specific model or if it was just a generic set?

Also, thanks for the link Don. I've actually spent quite a few days on the alloy-artifacts website already. I have found a few of the tools I have listed there, but didn't see these specific tools numbers.

I've also found a few advertisements for Blackhawk from '25, and one for Walden Worcester from '26. I'm hoping I'll come across a master catalog for them at some point.

Thanks again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Monday, January 12, 2009 - 11:11 pm:

Those last four were from a generic set.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 01:10 am:

The Blackhawk 4219X is a 9/16" square for main bearings, and 9/16" hex for piston pin capscrew.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Whetstone on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 10:33 am:

Many Thanks Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard Tobias on Wednesday, January 14, 2009 - 06:19 pm:

Amazing link- I learned about some of the strange old rusty tools in my basement. Iwas going to discrd them, but now I see them in a whole new light. I have learned so much on this Model T Forum, whether the subject is Model T or not.
Howard

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration