Transmission Sling

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Transmission Sling
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 01:03 am:

I am looking for pictures or diagrams to make a transmission sling or lift whatever you want to call it. It has 3 hooks and 1 ring in the middle. It has 3 chains and hooks to your engine lift. It lifts the transmission so you don't have to break your back. Thanks in advance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeremy Locke on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 02:03 am:

I would be curious to see some pictures as well. If all goes well, I will have my engine out of the car next weekend to replace the slow speed drum, and fix the mag coils..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard G Goelz on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 10:08 am:

The picture is in the manual "The Model T Transmission",i have attempted to scan it but it disappeared,its very simple to make,three long 1/4" eye bolts,three pieces of chain about 20" long and a ring and some connectors to connect the chain to the ring,you will bend a hook in the leg of the eye bolt and this slips in between the magnets and lift with the ring.
Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bender on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 10:09 am:

This devise is shown in the Clubs manual of transmission repair. I have used it for years and works very well. If not posted later today, I will take a picture and do so.

Mike Bender
Tulsa OK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By james dimit on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 11:14 am:

I just bent some 3/8" rod into hooks, welded it to 3 equal lengths of chain. I used one of the screw together chain links to join the chains at the top.

This is the only picture I could find, but it shows the hooks at the flywheel. Hope this helps, Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard G Goelz on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 11:22 am:

here is the picture from the manual, Rick sorry about being upside down

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 11:29 am:

Richard must live in Australia! The picture looks upside down here in California!

It is relatively easy to lift with 2 men. I use my son for help.

Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard G Goelz on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 12:48 pm:

Norman, east Tennessee is strange but not upside down!!
Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas J. Miller "Tom" on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 01:37 pm:

There are Ts in Knoxville? You mean I wasted last Thursday and Friday sitting inside a glass marble looking down on the city when I could have been talking cars with you guys? Dang it.

I did like the general store though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 02:10 pm:

I use a chunk of 1/2" rope looped through the magnets twice so there is four lengths going up to the lifting hook on the chain block.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard G Goelz on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 03:02 pm:

Tom,there are about thirty Ts in our group,you must have been to the Sunsphere,you should tell us when you will be here and you can go T riding with one of us,Tom Stanzione, Warren Rollins ,Harvey Decker,Jim Eubanks are all in our group and some of drive almost daily when its not raining.
Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas J. Miller "Tom" on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 03:19 pm:

Rick,

I was in the Sunsphere Thursday and spent the night in the Holiday Inn Select after we spotted a good restaurant. My daughter was there for an interview and we hit the road right after she was through on Friday. It took me a lot longer to get back to Michigan after hitting all the snow.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration