Stromberg LF or NH ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Stromberg LF or NH ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ed montgomery on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 08:52 pm:

I am building a speedster for my wife and have a couple carbs left from the old days. Which would be better to run on a '27 motor with Stipe 260 and a Z head.? The Lf or straight thru NH. ? Also who rebuilds Strombergs ? This one looks great and linkages show no wear but I want to bolt on and run.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 09:32 pm:

Maybe you could trade the NH for a rebuild on LF. Maybe Stan Howe will see this and get in contact with you. See this about one I just got;

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/50893/78326.html?1231698743

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 10:14 pm:

The LF will probably run better overall. For one thing, after you get it set, there is no fooling with it. They are a good carb. Probably not as good as an OF but there is a reason they sold thousands and thousands of them in the day. They will start easier than the straight through NH, which is part of the reason Henry dropped the straight through. They start hard. I rebuild OF's and have done a couple LF's, they have the same needle and seat. I manufacture a modern needle and seat to keep them from leaking. I'm also working on an OX-1, putting a modern needle and seat in it along with doing some work on the shafts, etc.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration