Tucson dealership question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Tucson dealership question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Gorslin on Wednesday, January 14, 2009 - 10:33 pm:

I'm doing some research on my 26 coupe. I understand it was originally purchased new from a ford dealer in Tucson. Does anyone have any information on a ford dealer in Tucson, Arizona doing business during calendar year 1926?
thanks in advance for any help
Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Von Nordheim on Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 01:28 am:

Gary,
One of my old car buddies that lives in Tucson has early cars and knows much about early history there. In the morning, I will call him and see if he knows the answer to your question.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Mortensen on Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 07:33 am:

Another possiblity is to check with the city or county library and see if they have a city directory for that era. The Ford dealer(s) should be listed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Gorslin on Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 08:40 pm:

Thanks for the help so far.
Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Von Nordheim on Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 10:43 pm:

Gary,

In 1926, Monty Mansfield Ford was the dealer in Tucson Az. I was told this from two friends that have brass cars in Tucson and have lived there for many years. They said the dealer was located the old down town area. Jim Click Automotive is the current dealer. Besides Mansfield, there was two other Ford dealers before Jim Click.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Gorslin on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 02:57 pm:

Les,
That's exactly what I was looking for!
Thanks so much!!

Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 03:22 pm:

Wife's mother is in the back seat of this Chevy in 1925, as they're leaving Tucson after a year, headed home to Rockford, Ill.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration