Cool Whitewalls

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Cool Whitewalls
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman on Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 03:40 pm:

Ray Elkins - Hey Ray, how about this? Somebody way back in the Model T era didn't know that double sided whitewalls are supposed to go on the FRONT axle. Shucks, everybody knows that, right?

Ha,ha,....saw this in the Shorpy's site and couldn't resist Ray. By the way, saw your profile photo in the latest Model T Times; that photo is a real standout on that page, and not just because it's a bit larger either! (probably 'cause of properly mounted whitewalls, huh?)

Sorry Ray,....couldn't resist,........harold

http://www.shorpy.com/node/4851 J.C. Flood: 1926

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 09:52 pm:

Well what probably happened was those were used tires that were put on the truck.
My TT dump truck has 2 20 inch blackwall tires on it that came off a Peirce Arrow car about 14 miles from here.The mans wife wanted the car changed from a purty dark green to a crappy cream color and widewhite walls.Which I like the wide whites but on this car,cream dont look right.
that may explain this truck in the picture haveing wide whites on the back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 09:53 pm:

Hey HAL! Notice the kerosene lamp on the back?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 10:02 pm:

Hehe...thanks Harold! I got that issue and almost fell out when I saw how big they printed the picture! Even more surprised that they printed my old scrubby T's at all! Those whites do stand out, don't they!?

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration