If these sell....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: If these sell....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush on Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 09:22 pm:

and even if they don't, prepair for a lot of sets of Hasslers to come out of the wood work!!.. (if I still had my set and even if they were mounted, I would take them off the car and sell for this price). :-) no connection to seller
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180319938786& ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=008

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 09:23 pm:

Saw a set of pancakes sell for more than that awhile back. Someone wanted them badly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 09:33 pm:

Even if there was no reserve and the decimal point moved to the left 2 places, I wouldn't pay the shipping to get them ugly things here, and I sure wouldn't spend the time to put'em on my T's. Some might disagree and thats ok, but I think Hasslers are about the ugliest, most useless and over-rated accessory ever made for a T.

Ray "havin a Seth moment" Elkins :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 09:37 pm:

Uh,I know some folkes may love them.But to me,they are properly named. Hassle.If I had any,somebody would be welcome to them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 09:44 pm:

Last year when Leon and I went to Dresden, TN to look at some very over-priced scrap iron that was once T parts (and I got a tick bite that caused me a month of antibiotics and stiff joints), there was set of those ugly wastes of good steel laying in the pile. Right where they belong...final step before the smelter. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 10:00 pm:

Have you Hassler haters driven with a set of fronts that are done correctly?

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 10:04 pm:

I have a set of pancakes on one of my little trucks(car chassis) and I like them. They improve the ride and allow outside brakes on the rear. Overall,Hassler's have been good to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 10:08 pm:

Ray,Tick fever aint no fun is it? Where was this pile?I didnt get to see it did I?

Rick,No sir,I have not operated a T with the hasslers.I have helped to remove and reinstal a set because the spring perchs were on backwards on a club members T.It took us several hours to get the hasslers off,and back on.5 minutes to switch the perchs.
I cant remember the exact step that took so much time,seems it was something to do with compressing the spring.I have suffered brain damage so my memory aint the best.
But I will also add to this,there was several more folkes at the tech session and most knew more about T's than myself.
Rick,considering the speeds that you drive your car,I could see where they would be a big help in control in curves and such.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 10:24 pm:

No Ralph, I'm just in a Hassler-hatin mood. :-) I hoped nobody took that personal, especially someone such as yourself or Jack whom I highly respect. I know a lot of folks like them, but its the look I really cringe from. I get that same cringing when I see a non-traditional small-block Chevy in a "traditional" hot rod. :-)

Seriously, what I like most about T's (and most all early cars) is the simplicity and primitive construction. Hasslers and other wierd-looking contraptions that clutter up a perfectly functional system just take away from the look that I find attractive. What I enjoy about driving a T is the same thing; the simplicity and primitive nature. If I want a car that drives like a modern car, I'll drive a modern car. I'm marching to my own drummer, so back off! :-) hehehe

To answer your question, I've never driven or ridden in a T with them, either properly or improperly installed, and I should add that my "opinion" of their uselessness is baseless due to that fact. That statement came from my being in a grumpy mood. Its cold outside and I get pretty foul this time of year.

At least I didn't congratulate Mark on the makings of another fine thread we can all be proud of :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 10:32 pm:

No Mack, that occured after you were here. He had a TT rearend with a rear-mouted overdrive and Rockies under a late-20's Chevy that was cut down and made into a tractor (and parked there long enough to grow over with vines and briars). I tried to buy that but he wouldn't sell it separate...he wanted $5K for a pile of mostly worthless rusted sheetmetal, cut-up frames, and scattered miscellaneous scrap. No, I never want anything to do with those TN ticks again. Any more south of the border bush-beating will be done in the winter time :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 05:19 am:

I think Ralph is correct, Hasslers do make a T ride better. However, I have to agree with Ray that they clutter up the design simplicity.

One thing I particularly dislike about Hasslers is how many Model T tourings and sedans have had their body caved in / cracked/ dented in the area under the rear fender as a result of having Hassler shocks. Also how many rear axle housings have been dented by them.

The Hasslers don't hit anything when they are new or rebuilt with good bushings. But over the years they all wore out and then the damage happened.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration