"S" Car, Non T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: "S" Car, Non T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth Bove on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 11:24 am:

What is this car from a 1929 photo?Photo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 12:57 pm:

It's French: look at that S car go.

Sorry; couldn't help it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 01:06 pm:

Get the hook!!
The answer posting is moving at a snail's pace :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 01:35 pm:

I think the hard part is the head lights! A lot of car from this time frame had drum head lights. I am guessing 1926 to 28. But maybe late 28 because of the cowl lights. I am thinking Studebaker small 6 or...?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Berch on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 02:10 pm:

I'd guess 27 Studebaker, because of the "curve" where the rear fender meets the running board.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Evan Mason on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 02:10 pm:

Best Guess is a mid-production 1927 Studebaker Standard Six Sport Roadster. Mid production because of the larger parking (cowl) lights as opposed to the early production acorn lights and the painted headlight shells as opposed to the end of production plated headlight shells. Also I believe that 1927 had an axle and brake configuration that required the disc wheels-1928 offered wood spoke and wire spoke wheels. And that my friends is probably more than most wanted to know! :>)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth Bove on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 08:23 pm:

Thank you all.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration