Not model t carb but??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Not model t carb but??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Leming on Saturday, January 17, 2009 - 07:01 pm:

Went to a meet today for model A's - bought a detroit Lubricator model 25 carb - anybody have any ideas what these were used on?? Are they worth much - I paid 50.00 and it is nice and complete.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By 26 speedster on Saturday, January 17, 2009 - 07:24 pm:

Not exactly sure what it may fit. This make carb was used on Parkards - grahams and many of the large Classics. It is certainly worth more that $50.00 if it is in decent condition. I've seen NOS ones sell for over $200.00. Great Find !!! Congrats !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pep C. Strebeck on Saturday, January 17, 2009 - 10:47 pm:

The model 25 was used quite a bit on the Dodge Brothers four cylinders during the mid twenties. The model 51 was the carburetor for the bigger later Packards, Cadillacs and Grahams from about 29-32.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Leming on Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 10:40 am:

Thanks for the info - it is cool - Its made of brass, and is very complete. Those Model A guys didnt know what it fit, but the swap meet was great - Falls city Model A club at Louisville - Made me hungry for a good model T swap meet - by the way there were two Kinston Model t carbs there - complete, no brass, 35.00 each - thought that was maybe a bit high - also a simmons carburetor

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration