Transmission clutch disk drum - removal

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Transmission clutch disk drum - removal
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeremy Locke on Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 02:36 pm:

I am trying to remove the clutch disk drum, I am using a puller but I ended up bending the handles.

How much force is this going to take? do I need to get a specialized puller? help!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 03:14 pm:

Did you remove set screw? They can be tight sometimes,and they really don't need to be.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 05:55 pm:

Jeremy Langs makes a puller that is really good for removing stubbord disc drums.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ryan Miller on Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 07:08 pm:

Jeremy, I was told that Sears had a puller that was great. I went ahead and bought it and it has worked excellent for me when I needed to remove a clutch disk drum. Yeah, those drums are extremely tight. The part is Craftsman puller #9-46906.

Good Luck. Ryan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 08:15 pm:

Most of the time I need to use my acetylene torch and turn the center of the hub red. It comes right off them.

Steven

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeremy Locke on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 01:44 am:

My father in law has that exact puller. I'll get it tomorrow, and pull it out..

Side question - is there a trick to remove and replace the water jacket freeze plug.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Brown on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 03:58 am:

Try using a larger punch that is rounded on the end and dome the freeze plug inward and it may fall out. I have engines that have nickles in them as freeze plugs. They were domed using a nut as a support , put in place and then the dome was hit with a hammer or punch to flatten it a little. Makes an interesting plug.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 09:12 am:

Only Buffalo Nickles are politically correct.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration