Sawp meets, are there others worth a road trip?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Sawp meets, are there others worth a road trip?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 07:41 pm:

Well as some may remember I broke camp and headed west on I40 and went the swap meet at Chickasha last march ,or however you spell it.I call it Chickensaw because that is way I remember the name.Came home with a truck and trailer loaded to the gills with stuff.
My question is this.Is there any other swap meets worthy of a road trip?I am fiqureing on going to that place they made chocalate this year is all goes well.But that is late in the year.

I enjoyed the trip last march and met some good people and would like to repeat that this year.My want and need list is a good bit shorter now that I have my speedster project wheels and such.A repairable 17-23 roadster body for the little pickup and such is my main needs.I doubt I will tow a trailer this time unless I have leads on more stuff than what I would grab at the swap.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Bell on Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 08:17 pm:

At Hershey if you can't find it your not looking hard enough in the hidden piles. Every year I find the little things that your missing that no one ever Ebays so the trip has been worth it every year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 12:54 am:

I used to see a pre-war meet in Minnesota advertised. I don't know much about it, as I never made it there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 03:28 am:

I know you don't want to tow a trailer this far Mack, however, for the benefit of those who are closer than you to the "left coast" and whose interest you may have caught by your post, I submit the following:

43rd Annual EARLY BIRD SWAP MEET (www.earlybirdswap.org) sponsered by the Model T Ford Club of Tacoma.

February 14 & 15, 2009,....Western Washington Fairgrounds, Puyallup, Washington.

For additional information, write to:
Early Bird Swap Meet
P.O. Box 1068, Sumner, WA. 98390

This swap meet has been getting bigger and better for 43 years, and it is both indoors and outdoors, so in the event of an occasional sprinkle of rain (entirely possibly in the Pacific Northwest as you may have heard) it's fun to alternate indoors and outdoors with a cup of coffee until you've covered the whole swap meet, which may not be possible in one day.

In fact, forget the trailer Mack; treat yourself to a little "mini-vacation" and jump on an airplane and I'll by ya' the cuppa' coffee,...........harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 09:19 am:

Airplane,uh,when the coils quit buzzing on that thing,there aint no where to go but,uh down.
I dont think all pilots are as good as the 1 that landed in the water the other day.
I would think the roads would be rough this time of year to go that far up wouldnt they?
I am working on a connection a fellow in South Dakota that my neighbor says will have what I want.When I git his contact info I am calling him.But I have no idea when the roads would be safe.April maby?I dont have 4x4 or coarse tires and I dont want slide off a embankment and be found frozen with a peice of half chewed beef jerky in my mouth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 10:00 am:

Mack, are you going to Chickasha this year? If you do drop by to visit us at the Gator Group
location in building #2.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Benjey on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 10:01 am:

The St Louis Model T club swap meet in April has had limited antique and T stuff in the past. This year we are reserving a section dedicated to antiques. We hope this will grow in the future. www.stlmodeltclub.org or www.gatewayraceway.com
Thanks,
Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George House on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 11:04 am:

Mack,
I also enjoyed making your acquaintance at Chickasha last year but was disappointed at missing out on that BBQ dinner with you and uncles Jack and Stan. Can I be included this year? . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 12:22 pm:

I missed the barbecue to apparently!
I aint decided yet about Chickasha.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DAREL J. LEIPOLD on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 01:18 pm:

There is an indoor swap meet in Onalaska, Wisconsin on Sunday, April 19, 2009. It is for all years. There is always some T stuff. I would not drive over 100 miles to go (if looking for Model T items), but it is an interesting meet. This meet started in Winona, MN in 1977 and we have showed in every year. I bring a variety of old literature and a variety of small parts. It runs from 8 to 4. The food and coffee is good and very reasonable. There are always a few outside vendors. Tom Klink at 507-452-9098 is in charge. Booth rent is reasonable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 09:55 pm:

George,and Mack,you'd both be welcome to go this year. Sorry you missed it last year. We had a pretty good crowd,both nights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 10:15 pm:

The Model A club in Wichita is sponsoring their annual swap meet Feb. 6-7. I hear they usually have quite a bit of T stuff there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Floyd Voie on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 11:36 pm:

Harold,
Do you vend at the Early Bird?
I usually try to make the High Perfomance and the Early Bird but it'll just be the Early Bird this year. In fact I'm taking the wife there for Valentine's Day! ;)
Floyd

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 02:14 am:

Floyd - No, I'm just a "shopper/tire kicker" with a couple '23's that I occasionally pick up a part or two for, however, I do belong to that "Never Throw Anything Away Club", and I probably should start doing some sorting and selling. I also have a really good frame that I sort of have aspirations of someday building a speedster out of. (really, it's mostly a project that gives me an excuse to go to swap meets).

Ref. Valentine's Day; buy her a nice NH carburator or something; they're sort of heart shaped, right? Ha,ha,........harold

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration