Not T, Model C sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Not T, Model C sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 12:50 am:

In addition to the Model F thread, another early Ford sold in AZ this weekend, this 1904 Model C. I was told it brought about $100,000.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 08:07 am:

Is that the same car that was in St. Louis at Hyman Ltd? It looks like it. I was able to view that car and take some pictures. They said it came from a museum in Georgia I think. It was a neat car with just a few things wrong with it that would be easy to correct.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 08:25 am:

Herb,

Yes, I saw it on the Hyman website too. Looks very nice, although I thought they said it was an older restoration.

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By oldcarfudd on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 10:38 am:

Hope the brakes work. That headlight is vulnerable! (I'm not jealous or anything, am I?)

Gil Fitzhugh, Morristown, NJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 11:07 am:

If I owned it, I think I'd nickname it the CYCLOPS.

When wife and I are deciding which car to take, we call the ol' brass picup, the GOOD car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 08:09 am:

The headlight is a Gray and Davis self generating headlight. It has two pinchwires on the side of the bonnet behind the bale handle. You squeeze them together to release the top which then folds over to show the water tank and carbide chamber. There is no remote carbide generator for this headlight. When I saw the car at the showroom I showed the mechanic how this worked.
Andrew Brand put me onto this car being in St. Louis, thirty miles away from home. Andrew is in Australia. Isn't the internet a wonderful thing? Thanks Andrew. I would never have been able to see such a rare car without hearing about it from him. I wonder where the car is going to now?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Woolf on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 01:59 pm:

This car was in the Stone Mountain Antique Car and Treasure Museum in Stone Mountain, Georgia (near Atlanta) for many years. The museum has just recently closed and several of the cars were purchased by Hyman LTD.

Dan

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration