Carrburaetor tags and pins

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Carrburaetor tags and pins
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Brown on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 04:01 am:

Is there a way of removing the pins that hold the brass tags on a carb or do you knock the head off and drill them?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 07:05 am:

I recently pried a tag off with my pocket knife. On another carburetor, the pins were stuck so tight that they stayed when the tag came off. I had to grind them off and drill them out with a 1/16" bit. If the tag is wrecked in removal, you can get a new one for about $2.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration