Chickasha & Venders

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Chickasha & Venders
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Decker on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 10:21 am:

Does anyone have information on the T parts suppliers & venders that will be in attendance at Chickasha?

Thanks, Harvey ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George House on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 10:56 am:

In the last several years, about the only T parts supplier set up at Chickasha is Ralph Reeder. Many specialty parts guys will be there like the Coilman, John Regan, Berg will bring a few radiators and Ken Meek will be outside of the North Building. Howell will have a dozen booths and bring some new sheet metal. But your question included the words "in attendance" so I must add that Don Lang has hung with Regan and Patterson - although without an inventory for sale. There'll be a hundred Model T parts hobbiest/vendors, too.
This would be a good time for us to list items wanted at the swap meet. I would like to pick up several sets of non-cast end brake rods for late teens to 1925.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Decker on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 12:38 pm:

George:
Thanks for the info.

Harvey ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Zahorik on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 01:06 pm:

I've thinking of attending this year. I know that it is coming up soon, but do not know anything at all about it. Is there any flier on this? I googled chickasha car show, but didn't find anything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 01:10 pm:

Mike, Try the following link:

http://www.pwsm.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 02:46 pm:

Bill Barth is usually there too with lots of T stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 02:55 pm:

I remember buying some new parts from a fellow set up out of a enclosed trailer in the same shed as Cooker tire.I cant remember who it was though

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 03:20 pm:

Lang's has been set up at Chikasha every year for the past 5 or more years. You can call them, place an order and get free delivery, plus a complimentary hard time from Trish at 1-800-TPARTS-1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim ( ModelTengine.com ) on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 04:07 pm:

I'm not going, too far away, but I am confused. I found three Chickasha swap meets:
http://www.pwsm.com/
http://www.chickashaautoswapmeet.com/
One in March, one in May, and one in October.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 04:25 pm:

The one in March is the pre war swap meet, hence the web address.

The other two are all makes, all years, and are devoid of any Model T parts from my experience.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy D Eyssen on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 05:21 pm:

The one Mack refers to is Texas T and A Parts---Ben Hardeman and family. They are close to Coker.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeffrey D. Judson on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 05:24 pm:

...UHM... HEY, GUYS!!! I just tried the pwsm link; and my virus program stopped a Trojan!!! BEWARE! :-O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 07:02 pm:

Just type in www.pwsm.com yourself. The site is ok,it must be Tim's computer link.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dexter Doucet on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 08:02 pm:

When is the one that everyone is going to? The good
one. Sorry, I'm confused.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 08:43 pm:

The prewar swap meet is March 19-21,2009.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Kuhnash on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 10:14 pm:

Better be careful, I just went to that link and my Norton anti virus just stopped something trying to attack my computor.

gre

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter on Wednesday, January 21, 2009 - 03:32 pm:

Yes the "PWSW" is infected. It was okay when I went to it yesterday. But I tried it again today and my virus utilty trapped a trojan virus. So beware.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, January 21, 2009 - 03:59 pm:

Someone should tell their webmaster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Wednesday, January 21, 2009 - 04:50 pm:

19th Annual International Pre-War Swap Meet

Grady County Fairgrounds, Chickasha, Oklahoma

"Where the East meets the West"

Chickasha, Oklahoma is located in the center of the U.S. on I-44 just off of I-40 & I-35, only 35 miles SW of Will Rogers World Airport in Oklahoma City. It is easily accessible from anywhere in the world. From Oklahoma City, take I-44 (H. E. Bailey Turnpike) west to the 1st Chickasha exit (Exit 83), turn right (west) to The Grady County Fairgrounds (about a mile on your left).

The meet has the largest selection of brass era parts anywhere. It is limited to automobiles, parts, transportation items pre-1945. There is plenty of free parking, and admission is free.

This year the meet will be held on Thursday, March 19th thru the Saturday March 21st, 2009. Gates will open daily at 7:00 am. Swap Meet Venders will be allowed to come in and set up Wednesday afternoon after 4 P.M. No Vending is allowed on the fairgrounds before Thursday, March 20th!

The Fairgrounds has recently undergone a multi-million dollar renovation. The North Building, South Building, & Junior Arena Building have over 500 spaces indoors with all new restroom facilities. We also have acres of outside spaces available for anyone wishing to set up outside. There is also an area just East of the swap meet grounds available for RV parking with electric hookup. (Electric is $12.50/day; parking is free) Contact the Fairgrounds for information. The fairgrounds number is (405)224-2031.

The success of the meet has been a joint effort of Joe, Mike & Susie Ersland. Joe has collected antique cars for over 60 years and started the Chickasha Antique Auto Club with the 1st meeting in his living room. His swap meet experience goes back to the 1960's with his involvement with The Lawton Antique Car Club, and their Swap Meet in Apache, Ok. He was an instigator in starting the 1st swap meet ever in Chickasha in 1969.

The Chickasha Pre-War Swap Meet is sponsored by The Old Pueblo Touring Association and is not affiliated with any other swap meet. The swap meet is an annual event that will always begin the 3rd Thursday in March.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome R. Hoffman, Hays KS on Wednesday, January 21, 2009 - 04:57 pm:

In sept I downloaded the flyer here it is. Jerry

Swap meet flyer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Meek on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 12:24 pm:

I will be there again this year at the west side of the north building in spaces FH2 and FH3 I will have a full line of T Parts this year. Again this year we are taking orders for free shipping on Brassworks radiators if there is anything special you need give me a call. I will try to have some rebuilt short blocks again this year Townsend Auto & T Parts 636-221-1926

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Furstnow on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 12:44 pm:

I will also be there in the North building on the west side. I'll bring some speedometers, my speedometer book (just revised with more information) and a variety of leather goods. If anyone needs a specific speedometer, a speedometer setup or any custom leather, just let me know and I'll bring it with me. My email is: 1stnow@msn.com. I look forward to seeing many of you at Chickasha. Russ Furstnow

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration