November-December Vintage Ford

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: November-December Vintage Ford
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Watt on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 03:16 pm:

Just wondered if anyone had received this issue yet? I understand it was supposed to be at the printers about December 29th.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ModTsRock on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 06:39 pm:

Over the past two years I have seen many complaints about the vintage ford magazine not being available or on time. I wonder if the people who are doing it now have been doing it that entire time? It looks like I get over 300 hits on the vintage ford magazine on this forum. I'm sure some positive and some negative. A good hobby/club can't exist without volunteers doing a timely job. I'd love to volunteer; maybe when I get some T wheels to speak of I can make a chapter here in my own hometown and submit some photo's and articles to help those people out who struggle just to come up with the next edition.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 07:08 pm:

Is there a FULL MOON ???

Quitcherbitchin'...... they're doing a good job on the magazine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Benedict, Calgary on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 07:51 pm:

What's it going to matter in a hundred years? It's only 'dates' folks . . lets wait and enjoy!! By the time it gets to Canada, most of the postage has been spent on storage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By harry on Wednesday, January 21, 2009 - 10:10 pm:

I can understand Jack's concern. Over the past 40 years mine has been lost in the mail (never again to be seen ) about a dozen times or so. I think Jack was asking a simple question for crying out loud !---No I haven't received mine either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dana A. Crosby on Wednesday, January 21, 2009 - 10:19 pm:

I called today and asked about the issue. I was told that it was headed to the Post Office and the next issue will follow shortly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Von Nordheim on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 12:18 am:

Diana,

I called yesterday and got the same answer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Edward R. Levy on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 01:05 am:

The quality of Vintage Ford is so superior in all aspects to any other publication I receive That when it gets here is really of no moment to me. I think we should keep in mind that except for the printer everyone involved in the Magazine is doing volunteer work.
Edward R. Levy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Brown on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 01:32 am:

Ever try to go to a newsstand and buy anything comparable to the Vintage Ford? It does not exist. The wonderfulm people putting it out are all volunteers and doing a great job. Cut them some slack, There are times they need a life too away fromm all the pressure that is on them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Rigdon on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 12:18 pm:

Since each issue tends to be a bit late, the interval between receipt of each issue is about the same. It's not like getting hot news, just great reading of a first class informational mag. If I were in a hurry I'd drive a Miata.

Bill R. 1925 Fordor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rodeo on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 12:43 pm:

Edward and Dennis,

Where did you get the idea that the Vintage Ford is put together by volunteer work???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel (Indiana Trucks) on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 08:25 pm:

The only reason I like to know if someone else has the latest issue is so I know if mine got lost or not. I think it is a very valid question to ask and was about to ask myself but as always, I am a little slow :-) I would hate to miss an issue just because people might think I am complaining about it being late again. As long as it gets here its fine with me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 08:45 pm:

Despite the obvious time lag in arrival of the magazine, I've bought two vehicles from ads in the Vintage Ford. Apparently the ads are not as time-sensitive as we might think. As for the rest of the magazine, it's excellent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 05:42 pm:

I received it today! Thank you.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 06:37 pm:

Another high quality vintage car publication is "Beaded Wheels". New Zealand vintage car club mag, but sent all over the world:
http://www.vcc.org.nz/html/bw/bwframe.html

Cheers
Adrian

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 07:44 pm:

That magazine has made it to selective Maryland locations, according to my recent survey. Those addresses that get their mail through the DC Bulk Mail Distribution Center normally have to wait a week longer.

I do a bulk maling through our local post office and I get the same mailing delivered 10 days later, after it has traveled about 8 miles to the sorting facility and is then sent back to where it originated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gaveitup on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 09:53 pm:

I don't bother to subscribe any more. Vintage Ford was about the only value I got from joining the club and the quantity of old adds and repeat articles has caused me to give it up..... Maybe I'll re-join and try again sometime in the future.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerald Cornelius on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 11:52 pm:

It's been a quality magazine since I started in the MTFCA about 1990. However, I has evolved in a documentary about the rich members travelling all over the United States to rallys chronicalling their events that I really don't care about! Also, who cares about what speed parts are available to make "hotrods" out of Model T's? Bring back the old "tinkering tips" articles that new and regular members can relate to.
I might drop my MTFCA membership, as the magazine has been my main reason for joining.
Gerald Cornelius
Watertown, South Dakota

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dodd on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 12:01 am:

I got mine TODAY!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Alongi on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 12:48 am:

Found mine in the mailbox when I got home. Lateness doesn't bother me, kinda like the smell of the turkey roasting on Thanksgiving, you know it's there but you have to wait.

Alex

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 01:05 pm:

I thought Jack worded his question very well. He did not come across as complaining to me. There's a big difference between complaining about it being late and asking if others have received their's. I wondered about mine as well. I even asked my wife is maybe she forgot to renew my membership. If it's late, that's fine with me, so long as I know I will get it eventually. I expect Jack probably feels the same way. We just didn't know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 01:09 pm:

Thought the article on Steering gears to be quite interesting, and informative for someone who might be looking into restoring a car to original.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Sanders on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 02:55 pm:

Mine has not arrived...I'll just read it when it gets here.
Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nelson Jones on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 10:38 pm:

I havent received mine yet. Now that they are only going to deliver mail 5 days aweek it will probably be later. Nelson

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration