Pancake Hasler Installation ???

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Pancake Hasler Installation ???
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Wednesday, January 21, 2009 - 04:59 pm:

Does anyone have a set of instructions or maybe an installed picture of a set of rear Hasslers for '26 - 27 large drum rear axle? We can't seem to figure out how to compress them, and even with the spring removed it looks like the shackle won't reach. Do these use a special shackle? These are the pancake type Hasslers.

All help is appreciated!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman on Wednesday, January 21, 2009 - 05:51 pm:

Royce, from previous posts, I think the MTFI site has documents members can access that include Hassler installation and sales docs. As I am not an MTFI member I don't have the access myself.
Cheers
Adrian

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam on Wednesday, January 21, 2009 - 05:53 pm:

Regular shackles are too short for the rear pancake hasslers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Wednesday, January 21, 2009 - 06:18 pm:

I installed a set of pancakes on the '26 pickup, those Pancakes came out with the balloon tires 21" when Henry put those big low pressure tires on the T. The Beehive hasslers were too stiff with the 35psi balloon tires, as they were made for the hard 60psi clincher tires.

The front was done assembling the axle in frame, pretty easy.

The rear when about the same, you fit the rear pancake hassler bracket, it is very different from the beehive bracket, check that you have the right bracket. Fit the pancake spring to the top leaf, then raise the whole spring carring the pancake spring into the 'leg' on the bracket, all the while the perch bolt going into the backing plate hole to hang the spring as the unit is fitted.

I use the 'leaf spring spreader tool' to do this work as the rear spring is stout.

This pic doesn't show the pancake hassler going in, this pic is only of the spreader tool and the std perch set up.

Extra pair of Pancake fronts I sold last fall, sorry, the rears are in storage boxes stacked with the Chickasha stuff I'm hauling, so can't get you a photo of the rear Pancake Hasslers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Wednesday, January 21, 2009 - 09:27 pm:

Jack,I'd disagree with you as Hassler sold so many and the simplicity was you could use all your current stuff to mount them. I have pancakes on my ol blue truck. They were mounted on small drum rear end when I got them and still are,but the spring shackles are stock.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By johnd on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 01:22 am:

Dan is that the asking price for the 26-7 style pancake Hasslers, if so I want them Ill pick them up down at Chickasha danuser88@socket.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 09:42 am:

The early beehive hasslers physically will not fit on a '26 - 27 rear. I think they made the fronts to match the rears.

Anyone have a extra set of the special rear shackles or dimensions so I can make some?

Thanks for all the help so far!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 10:38 am:

John

That WAS the selling price, I sold the pictured front pancake set. I'll see you at Chickasha away :-)

Royce

The rear Pancakes used a specific bracket for mounting to the perch hole in the '26-'27 large backing plate. That special bracket has stubby downturned perch like the stubby '26-'27 perches.

The Pancakes do not use any special shackles, use the std Ford spring hangers (shackles) to hang the spring on the Pancake Hassler rear bracket.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration