Your Vehicle Warrantee Is About To Expire

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Your Vehicle Warrantee Is About To Expire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 11:27 am:

Am I the only one getting these calls? I get one or two a week and have been for almost a year. My vehicle is five years old and the warranttee expired in less than a year.

My cell phone is only on for emergencies and when I travel. I got one on my cell phone while I was at the great Richmond Birthday Party.

The operator hangs up very fast, when I start to tell them what I think about my vehicle warrantee and their insurance plan.

This time I trapped the number, but it was from a disconnected phone in Florida.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Humble on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 11:34 am:

I was getting 2-3 calls a day for the last 2 years,"your warranty is about to expire" "final notice your warranty is about to expire". I put my cell phone and home phone on the national no call registery and they stopped.

www.donotcall.gov

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 11:46 am:

Wait a minute! My vehicle is 85 years old. You mean the warranty is expiring????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Wayne Rudzik on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 11:56 am:

Yes, Dick,
The warrantys are expiring. I found out the hard way when I had to rebuild the starter on my '26 roadster last summer.
Bummer!!

Joe R.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 11:57 am:

I got one of those calls. I played along and acted really interested, but when I told the guy was driving a 1995 Chevy van he hung up on me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 12:10 pm:

These folks decided to pass on my 2000 Silverado with 197,000 miles. I have no plans to trade, to me its still my new pickup.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 12:27 pm:

Same one as the one who says they can help with credit card debt or get a better rate on the mortgage. We don't have a mortgage, and the credit cards are paid up. The warantee on our one year old car has not expired.

These people are just hoping that we will do business with them and they know that the do not call list precludes advertising unless it is someone with whom we are already doing business.

I either hang up immediately, or string them along with a lot of silly conversation to keep them busy so they can't call someone else.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 12:45 pm:

I kept one on the phone for 5 minutes trying to get them to tell me which vehicle they were talking about. They could never tell me any vehicle I owned. I never do business with anyone who just "Cold calls."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 12:46 pm:

Since I dont answer my home phone number,I have a machine do that,I dont get many calls any more.
But I did get a important looking letter in the mail just yesterday marked Time sensitive material.Open quickly.
It was a form letting me know the warrentee is about to expire on my Lincoln 4 Door Sedan.Well that expired years ago.It is a 1974.But the letter told me that my Lincoln was a 05 model!
Somebody screwed up on the dates or I have just plain lost a 2005 Lincoln! If I only knew where it was,I woulda been driveing it!
I guess there are so many dingbats in the world that fall for this type thing,they make money off this.
Mean while,I gota walk thru my vehical inventory and see if I can find this 05 Lincoln I have lost.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 12:50 pm:

"Oh yes. You're the company that gives out $10 bills in return for $5 bills. I've been wanting to talk to you. Please hold on a minute while I turn down the TV." Wait. Wait. Wait.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 12:54 pm:

Yes, I received one for my 1914 Touring. A tad late on the notice though...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 01:13 pm:

I try to tie up these callers by saying that I am interested but not sure which car they are calling about, because I have three, but don't have the paper work for them available. The longest I have tied them up is about five minuts while they try to find this information

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By karl v schlachter on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 01:37 pm:

I have gotten those callas 2 a week since october when I purchased an 09' I tell them the factory warranty can't be up yet. and just hit end call

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By aaron on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 01:42 pm:

I get those calls every couple of weeks.
Once I played along.
First they didn't know what a Nash was, then when they asked me what year it was they hung up when I told them.
The ones I have fun with are from the newspapers.
The Oakland Tribune, San Francisco Chronical and Mercury News (San Jose).
I tell them I don't read leftist crap like the Oakland tribunal, the frisco comical or the merky news.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 01:54 pm:

Why Aaron, whatever do you mean? Characterizing them as "leftist crap" puts them far to the right of where they actually are.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 06:23 pm:

"If you telemarketing clowns had half a brain, you would have figured out after the first forty or fifty times getting this machine that I'm not going to answer, so you might as well quit trying. On the other hand, if you're a real person, and not calling to sell something or beg for a handout, leave your message after the beep and I'll get back to you."

That's the message on my answering machine. I'm on he no-call list, but that doesn't stop all of them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Purdy on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 06:52 pm:

A fun thing to do is simply start singing...right in mid sentence... an old love song, college cheer, boyscout song, whatever...I do that quite often, and it gives me a great belly laugh..I look forward to them calling now!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 06:55 pm:

Andy Rooney once said on the air that, when he gets a call trying to sell him something, he listens for a minute, then says, "That sounds interesting. Let me get a pencil." Then he sets down the phone and goes back to whatever he was doing. Eventually, they hang up, but it saves a few other people from getting called.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 07:54 pm:

Well the leaves are thick in the yard,I am fiqureing on useing the zeroturn mower with Gator blades to mulch them.If my fiqureing is right,I should find my missing 05 Lincoln.If I dont I will put out a apb on it.:>)

Seriously,since this letter came in the mail,I am thinking of takeing it by the post office and let them have it to see what it really is.It could very well be some kind of mail fraud.Maby they can gig them with some fines or something.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel Denis Chicoine, MD on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 07:56 pm:

The problem with such calls on cell phones is that you are charged for each minute received as well as called.
Noel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 08:03 pm:

I recieved an email last week from a beautiful young girl who loves my profile, Hmmmm dont have a profile except for this forum , maybe their checking our site too, anyways, a nice picture came , my guess is from Russia or somewhere up there, followed by send me more of your pictures so l can look at you and think about you, yeah , yeah, yeah, well next email is a half naked shot, Hmmmmmmmmmm way to many mmmm's there, l showed my wife and she laughed, say what !, so l think that our profiles are also being invaded as well as our forum questions, Just in case, her name on emails start off with Claudette Swain then moves to Elvira then onto Elvira Pyankova.,
Or the other one where the guy is at JFK and has a squillion dollars that he needs to off load, can you help me, bla bla bla.......

Cheers David

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 08:23 pm:

I just tried to look up the phone number on this mailing as it is the only contact info avaliable.
while digging I read where 1 fellow had been charged stuff on his account that he didnt approve.At-t told him that scammers record your voice saying "yes" and will mix it in with whatever they want you to be saying yes to and charge you.So be carefull who you say yes to as far as strangers.You may be getting recorded.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 08:27 pm:

My business e-mail address gets those e-mails all the time. We have a filter that works pretty well except when we accesse it from a remote location. When I do access it remotely, there are all manner of messages from Russian girls, pharmacuetical companies selling products to enhance - well you get the idea, imitation Rolex watches, and on and on and on.

I'm not so sure the profiles on this forum are the source. I think they just say that in an effort to get you interested. I think there must be a zillion computers working night and day somewhere to send out such e-mails to computer generated addressess as well as addresses "harvested" from ligitimate sources.

In my company our business addresses are first initital last name @ company name . net. Once they have the format and company name they can use a computer to generate random names. I imagine it's a lot more sophisticated than I know, but I believe this to be at least partially true.

The companies that provide internet service do a pretty good job of filtering it out, for the most part. But some is bound to make it through.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steamboat on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 11:26 pm:

I get ones that ask if I would like a free subscription to Popular Mechanics. I agree I would. Then they tell me about all of the other subscriptions they have and which ones would I like. I explain I don't want any of them, only the free Popular Mechanics. They keep talking and I listen, but eventually they hang up on me. I never did get my free Popular Mechanics.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration