T firetruck in the news

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: T firetruck in the news
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brad on Friday, January 23, 2009 - 01:44 pm:

I have linked to this article. Words are blurry but the pix are cool. This was the first fire truck in brunswick county. It was in service from 1922-1948. One quote was that they often pushed it to fires as it was troublesome to start. If you like I can input some of the text. But as I am a "hunt and peck" typer it would take a while.http://www.stateportpilot.com/pages/portfolio.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Friday, January 23, 2009 - 07:54 pm:

It is an Obenchain-Boyer fire truck. Too bad there isn't a way to clearly read the text in the article...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Otto Baron on Friday, January 23, 2009 - 08:27 pm:

Personally. I would have left the radiator shell, and headlight rims painted, and not plated. When it comes to an historic vehicle that has local importance, and good documentation exists, it really should be restored as close as possible to what it looked like when it was in use. To the credit of the community, however, they love the old truck and have lavished some care on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brad on Sunday, January 25, 2009 - 09:25 pm:

I will try to get the text better. I was at a funeral two weeks ago and the truck added a nice touch. On a lighter note. How many T's are one owner

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman on Monday, January 26, 2009 - 01:17 am:

Not to be disrespectful, but a firetruck at a funeral sounds like a bad day!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brad on Monday, January 26, 2009 - 03:50 pm:

It was one of their career guys who passed after a long illness. He had time to plan his own funeral and wanted the T there. We had over 100 firemen and 20 trucks there. He had a custom casket with fire trucks on it. It was a very moving ceremony.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman on Monday, January 26, 2009 - 06:17 pm:

Well, that's different! That really is pretty neat. We did a Model T "drive-by" a couple years ago for one of our club members that had passed away and the Model T's that were involved in that added a very nice touch; kind of a Model T memorial for someone who's Model T's and club membership was a big part of this fellows life. I'll bet the fire engines, including the Model T fire engine was a real bright spot for the family in what would otherwise have been a very somber day for them.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration