1920 Roadster Top Iron Help

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: 1920 Roadster Top Iron Help
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Schubert on Friday, January 23, 2009 - 09:54 pm:

I am trying to build a set of top irons for a 1920 Roadster from a small mountain of stray pieces. Can anyone help me with pictures or a diagram with the correct dimensions to fit this car, any help sure would be appreciated.

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend, Gresham, Orygun on Friday, January 23, 2009 - 10:23 pm:

Bill-
Here you go.
-Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa in Poulsbo, WA on Saturday, January 24, 2009 - 11:56 am:

Keith,

What book is that sketch from?

Be_Zero_Be

(Grew up in Orygun)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam on Saturday, January 24, 2009 - 07:57 pm:

Since Keith must be out touring in his T for the weekend I'll answer the question Bob has asked.
The drawing is found in the book "The Model T ford Owner" by Murray Fahnestock. It was originally printed about 1921. In the reprint 1983, the drawing is found on page 155. Note this drawing applies only to the 1915-1921(?). Those with the straight windshield. It will not work for the 1914 and earlier cars with the wood dash. It is a good drawing and gives some basic demensions to work from.
Hope this helps.
JP

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Schubert on Saturday, January 24, 2009 - 09:30 pm:

Keith,

Thanks for the diagram, it gives me someplace to start. Now all I have to do is sort through my stash of top irons and see what will work.
Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa in Poulsbo, WA on Saturday, January 24, 2009 - 11:51 pm:

Thanks Jack.

Be_Zero_Be

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration