Transmission pedals

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Transmission pedals
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gregory Roselle on Friday, January 23, 2009 - 10:56 pm:

I'm a newbie here. Last Fall I aqcuired someones garage full of Model T parts. There is enough to build at least one 1922 running chassis. Most importanly the deal included a never run rebuilt engine. I have been putting things together over the last few months.

I just started on the hogshead and had a question. How easy should it be to press the pedals down. I'm having a difficult time pressing them down with only hand pressure while it sits on the bench. It feels like they might be binding up.

Thanks in advance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Friday, January 23, 2009 - 10:59 pm:

Try holding the left pedal down halfway and see if the others don't work easier.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gaylen Gammons on Saturday, January 24, 2009 - 01:14 am:

Your foot is a lot stronger than your hand. I tried to check mine that way, with the springs in place. Tough on the hands, easy on the feet. After sitting in a low chair with the hodshead on an old carpet, I had no problems with overcoming the friction the springs put on the external and internal cams (on the sides of the pedal rods), with normal spring pressure. I installed that hogshead, and am still using it. I did put a smidgen of grease on the outer ones to ease the wearing surfaces from excess wear.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration