Mirror for 25 Coupe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Mirror for 25 Coupe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael F. Thomas on Saturday, January 24, 2009 - 10:19 am:

I have a 25 coupe and need to install a rear view mirror on the outside. I see many installed on the top door hinge, or at least in that location. Can any one recommend one at the various vendors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Barker on Saturday, January 24, 2009 - 01:09 pm:

I can recommend the one sold by Langs EXCEPT that it is chrome plated. This fits around the top hinge of my '26 Coupe, and a bolt replaces the hinge pin. Then you tighten two grub screws which lock the arm to the hinge.
I made a replica arm and painted it black, then found an old stainless convex mirror head which looks a lot batter with my nickel car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Halpin on Saturday, January 24, 2009 - 01:22 pm:

If you're not a purist, take a ride to your local Harley dealer.

Harley mirrors only take a little modifying.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Alongi on Saturday, January 24, 2009 - 01:39 pm:

Or you can do what Jay Leno does & carry a dollar makeup mirror & stick it out the window.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael F. Thomas on Saturday, January 24, 2009 - 08:32 pm:

You know, I kind of like the Jay Leno thing. Could really help with my lipstick and mascara. I always tell people that I've been wearing panty hose, every since my wife found a pair in the glove box.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dizer on Saturday, January 24, 2009 - 09:57 pm:

I bought one of the 26 mirrors for my 25 coupe. It required some grinding of the inside of the mount to get it to clear the outside of the hinge but it fits well now and locked down tight. It is a big help in backing and in watching for the fast overtaking cars out on the highway.It really helps with the huge blindspot on that left rear corner!

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration