Model T vendors that use Paypal?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Model T vendors that use Paypal?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Sunday, January 25, 2009 - 12:20 am:

Occasionally, I sell something on Ebay and receive credit in my Paypal account. I then use it for buying other items on Ebay, rather than lose some of it by drawing it out. Recently, I have used it to pay MTFCI dues, and purchases from Fun Projects (John Regan) like generator regulators and such.
What other vendors use Paypal?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim ( ModelTengine.com ) on Sunday, January 25, 2009 - 09:44 am:

We do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush on Sunday, January 25, 2009 - 03:54 pm:

Pay pal does not charge to transfer money to you bank account. The only hang up is it takes a few day to do the move.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L. Vanderburg on Sunday, January 25, 2009 - 08:32 pm:

Correct, Paypal does not charge to move the money into your account. If, however, someone pays you money for an item, a percentage is taken for the convenience of using the service.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush on Sunday, January 25, 2009 - 09:02 pm:

William that is correct. Jim's statement in the first entry is "rather than lose some of it by drawing it out" is what I was correcting. Most people forget that when you use a credit card (or Paypal)to buy something the bank (or PayPal) charges the seller a % of the total.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Gilham on Sunday, January 25, 2009 - 09:11 pm:

Personally, I look for the PayPay logo when I'm shopping for things on the net.PayPal has my "fun money" most of the time.
As a seller of "things" on ebay/Tbay I like it because if I'm paid fast I can ship and get the part etc. out of my way. The way I look at it is I've already sat on whatever it is I'm selling for at least a week and I need to get it gone.
I've never had a problem with PayPal. "knock on wood"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush on Monday, January 26, 2009 - 03:17 am:

Scott; right on! Ok back to the question, do any of the parts supply houses like Lang's or Mac's etc take Pay Pal?

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration