1902 Ford Truck

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: 1902 Ford Truck
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Sanders on Monday, January 26, 2009 - 03:06 pm:

This is really nice...never seen one of these.http://www.antiquecar.com/index/listings/page15561.htm

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Monday, January 26, 2009 - 03:23 pm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZyPaqCEZhg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Otto Baron on Monday, January 26, 2009 - 03:27 pm:

Wasn't that built by the same company Ford left, and was reorganized as Cadillac?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Monday, January 26, 2009 - 03:42 pm:

Those headlights sure look like 1912 Cadillac sidelamps, electric...

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stokes on Monday, January 26, 2009 - 04:31 pm:

The ID tag shown for this 1902 truck is from the Ford Motor Company. That company was not founded until 1903. The stylised Ford Motor Company script came even later.
In 1899, Henry Ford left Edison to start the Detroit Automobile Company. That company was supposed to build cars but the backers insisted upon building a delivery wagon. So Henry left, and the company folded (1900 I think).
Could this truck be one of those delivery wagons?
At the end of 1901 Henry and backers formed The Henry Ford Company. I don't believe that company actually got a vehicle to the market before Henry left (and taking the Henry Ford name with him). Later that company became Cadillac, which built cars.
So, now I'm really curious! What is this truck?
John Stokes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Haynes on Monday, January 26, 2009 - 04:51 pm:

Fake, fake, fake, fakeroo.

It's a phoney, made-up nothing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Monday, January 26, 2009 - 05:24 pm:

Intresting vehical but it aint no 1902
I would be very intrested to see the engine.Looks more like something built from those 1903 Oldsmobile plans and has been extended or something.
I want to see the engine.
If it aint a Briggs,It may have a old water hopper throttle governed engine in it to make it look more old.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DAREL J. LEIPOLD on Monday, January 26, 2009 - 05:33 pm:

Why are there not photos of the engine? It looks like a rope drive. There is probably a Briggs & Stratton or Wisconsin single cylinder engine under the seat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe on Monday, January 26, 2009 - 07:05 pm:

Amazing how many designs Henry had worked out in 1902 that he kept for the Model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Otto Baron on Monday, January 26, 2009 - 07:25 pm:

My understanding was the company was called the Henry Ford company, but Henry took back his name when he left the company, and it was called Cadillac. This was different from R.E. Olds, who when he left Oldsmobile, was unable to use his name for his new company, so they used his initials instead. I have no idea if this one is a fake or not, and if it was for real, it should have The Henry Ford Company", rather just "Ford".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael W. Herndon on Monday, January 26, 2009 - 08:14 pm:

Hey, that is COOL..

Nothing to get in the way if you have a head-on... (I do mean a wreck..)

Michael

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Monday, January 26, 2009 - 09:21 pm:

As my Dad used to say about VW's, "If you have a wreck in one of those, you're the first one there."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dbw on Monday, January 26, 2009 - 09:40 pm:

it's based on a carriage chassis..the front axle is a typical iron/wood sandwich with T front axle ends grafted on..the leather dash and seat are all carriage bits..it seems to have a radiator below the seat..i'd guess there's a big stationary hit/miss engine lurking under there somewhere...not junk exactly but not a real car in any case.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Monday, January 26, 2009 - 09:52 pm:

and it's priced right :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Monday, January 26, 2009 - 10:02 pm:

The body tag looks like a repo of an original appearing tag that is on a locally owned N

"1902" plate

N plate

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush on Monday, January 26, 2009 - 10:21 pm:

All this can be yours for the Low Low starting price of only $375,000. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Berch on Monday, January 26, 2009 - 11:04 pm:

At any rate Rob, thanks for the clip. Between you and Ricks Surf City, (as well as many other members) I really enjoy the photo postings. Thanks again, John Berch

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Monday, January 26, 2009 - 11:36 pm:

John,

Thanks, I really like your TT. I'm in Des Moines next week (farm show). Where in Iowa are you (and your truck).

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Berch on Monday, January 26, 2009 - 11:58 pm:

Rob, I'm 35 miles south of Des Moines, and so is my truck. If you have a little down time, I'd buy you lunch and we could talk old cars. Let me know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 - 12:50 am:

John,

Are you close to Indianola? Anyway, we'll have to talk. Farm shows get boring, I might have to take a drive down there (not like car shows).

My cell is 402-643-0235,

Rob "the thread highjacker"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Sanders on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 - 12:51 am:

Thanks for posting the video Rob...real or not, it's still a pretty neat truck. A little out of my price range though.
Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 - 01:09 am:

Bob,

I sure wouldn't think of trading this "truck" for the touring in your profile (nor Co Co). BTW, are you an Auburn, or Crimson Tide fan?

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Sanders on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 - 01:20 am:

Rob,
CoCo trumps them both. AUBURN !!...bleed Orange & Blue.
Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 - 01:34 am:

I take it back about the headlights. With the better pix, they look more like E&J 466.

Check out the thread on Floorboards...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Sanders on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 - 01:46 am:

Ralph,
It would be nice to see a close up of the truck in the floorboard thread.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration