(Off Subject) Veteran Overland

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: (Off Subject) Veteran Overland
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L. Jones on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 - 05:14 am:

Although I play '14 T Models, I have other interest. During another restoration, I have hit a road block, and exhausted my list of Overland contacts here in Australia. Has anyone out there got an Overland pot with a 3 1/2" bore along with the piston.
We have a 4 cyl Model 47 with an odd pot on the motor, and it will be a shocker to balance without even bore sizes.
Sorry to hijack the forum - but i'm desperate.
David.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Evan Mason on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 - 11:06 am:

Hello David,

Sorry to hear about your difficulty. It can be very frustrating chasing some parts. We have been looking for a Rolls Royce Springfield Phantom 1 iron cylinder head for 3 years! You might post your request on the Horseless Carriage Club web site. Here is a link to the Want Ad sectionL

http://www.hcca.org/wantit.html

Best of Luck
Evan Mason

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 - 11:32 am:

David,

Is the odd pot a larger bore? Can it be sleeved down to 3-1/2" to match the others?

Have you tried the Willys-Overland-Knight Registry? http://www.wokr.org/

I have a 1912, model 59T, not sure what bore it has.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 - 12:29 pm:

I am going to start rebuilding a '25 overland engine pretty soon and have been having problems finding any of the "basic" parts (pistons, rings, valves, etc.) I called all the vendors recommended on the overland registry website and of the ones that even returned my calls, they didn't have anything. I called Egge for pistons and gears and was told they would have to match up what I take out... I then contacted the Overland registry for the prints of the pistons and timing gears and was told that all those parts were available from the vendors on their website! Frustrating...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 - 02:46 pm:

Any piston you want... presumably.

http://rosspistons.com/auto_custom_pistons_detail.php?cat=64&item=10

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L. Jones on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 12:28 am:

Thanks for the response Guys.
Jerry, the errant pot we have is about 4" bore and is too fat to sleeve out without obvious heat transfer issues.
Evan, I will chase up my Roller friends about that head - you never know.
Adam, Good Luck mate - I have found that when it comes to the crunch, if you can find something modern that fits inside your old housing, then who's going to know, and at least you are closer to being on the road.
Jerry, I will follow up those links and see what pops up. THe Gurus here in Aus reckon there are NO 3 1/2" bored pots left here.
David.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Wotherspoon on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 04:42 am:

Hey David, hopefully the bushfires weren't too close to your house today? I heard on the news that they closed the freeway due to the fires and knew that it wasn't too far from your place. They said that no houses were lost, but none the less, it could've changed the shade of ones undies.
Two days down, three to go of this heat (112 deg).

James.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L. Jones on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 05:31 am:

Yeh I know. The amount of phone calls I got tonight worrying if the cars are ok... too bad about me, Jill and the mutt!
To our overseas readers, it got to 43 deg C today and we live down the southern end of Australia. I cooked some "Turkish" bread on the balustrading tonight, because my wife wouldn't let me turn on the oven. No sense of humour, even though we all own T Models.
David.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Csorba AUS on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 07:24 am:

Hi David, Jennifer and I were thinking of you.
Glad to hear you're all OK.
Saw the burn on the News, not too far away from you.
Bruce

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration