Speedster Wire Wheels (American Welding Company)?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Speedster Wire Wheels (American Welding Company)?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lindsay Martin on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 - 07:39 am:

I have 3 wheels manufactured by I believe American Welding Company to suit the Model T.I have the axle hubs to suit,they are in too poor a condition to use but will be good to use for patterns to make new ones. My question is does anyone have or know of anyone who may have 1 or 2 wheels or even wheel centres that i could relace into new rims that they would want to sell to me so i can have a set for my speedster project.If anyone knows if the maker is correct or could put me on the right track also i would appreciate it.
Regards Lindsay..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Martin, Sydney, Australia. on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 02:58 am:

Anyone?

Peter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony Bennett - Australia on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 05:16 am:

G'day blokes,

I've not seen wheels like yours before but we have rebuilt Hayes wires if that's any help. Dad can tell you where to source spokes, and we have dimpled and drilled rims before.

Hope that's of some help

Cheers

Anthony

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony Bennett - Australia on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 05:17 am:

G'day blokes,

I've not seen wheels like yours before but we have rebuilt Hayes wires if that's any help. Dad can tell you where to source spokes, and we have dimpled and drilled rims before.

Hope that's of some help

Cheers

Anthony

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lindsay Martin on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 06:28 am:

Thanks Anthony,
Heres a photo of our 1918 Tourer that was restored in 1973.It has the same wheels on it that I am posting about.Maybe somebody recognises the type of wheel.Heres hoping!!!Sorry Mum

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 10:43 am:

I'll watch for them at San Diego and Bakersfield Swaps..

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration