Aluminum ,simulated wood spoke wheels

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Aluminum ,simulated wood spoke wheels
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 - 05:00 pm:

Hello

I have a business card that I picked up from Bakersfield a year or two ago from Jeff Beaumont. He makes aluminum, simulated wood spoke wheels and I was wondering if anyone has any feed back about the wheels , have them, love them, hate them ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 - 08:13 pm:

If Mother Nature had wanted Henry Ford to use aluminum spokes, She would have grown aluminum trees.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 - 08:21 pm:

well you know out here on the west coast where its dry a lot of the time the good old wood just doesn't seem to hold tight for very long and pretty soon my roadster starts to make clipity clop sounds. These days it takes a year to or more to get new wood wheels. These aluminum ones sound better and better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 - 10:27 pm:

They cost about 400 each with your rim and hub if I remember. They are very nice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 - 11:11 pm:

Sounds interesting;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By aaron on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 - 11:43 pm:

About 10 years ago there were 2 cars on one of our tours that had aluminum spokes. they owners liked them, they looked good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leo Terrazas on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 12:11 am:

Thomas do you still have his contact number? I'd be interested in finding more info about them...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Sanders on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 01:09 am:

There was a photo of these wheels somewhere in a past thread, I couldn't find it. From what I remember, pretty cool.
Bob

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration