Its hot!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Its hot!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brendan Hoban on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 04:43 am:

It was 43 degrees here in Australia today (that's 110 on the American scale)

No rain for a month and we're facing a serious fire season.

I didn't have a chance to take the T out today, not that it was hot, just didn't have enough time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Bowen (Aust.) on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 06:26 am:

Brendan,
It was uncomfortably hot sitting at home today, so I took the T out for about 50 miles. The new radiator works a treat. Gonna be hot again tomorrow so I may have to road test the radiator again:-)
Regards
Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 07:03 am:

And here in the center of the US the thermometer outside my kitchen window reads +6 F right now. I won't be going for a drive in the touring today. For those who haven't been counting, we have just 52 days until spring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick - (2) '26's - Bartow, FL on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 08:18 am:

We've had a mild winter here in Bartow, Florida this year, just west of Disney World. For the past several days, it has been a perfect 70 degrees F. under sunny, cloudless skies with a gentle breeze. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tyrone on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 09:46 am:

Here in Kansas, we will trade you Aussie's
50 degrees of cold for 50 degrees of warmth. Just give me your address and i'll get in the mail. Express. Course that 110 degrees in North Dakota today will raise their temp to +2 degrees.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick - (2) '26's - Bartow, FL on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 10:03 am:

-48 in North Dakota?! Man! For me, sitting out here in my short sleeves, that is hard to imagine! In that temperature the cattle must freeze solid where they stand! Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 11:02 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick - (2) '26's - Bartow, FL on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 11:40 am:

Hey Rick. That looks like Hurricane Charley, or Hurricane Jeanne or it could be Hurricane Frances, all of which passed right over Central Florida within fifteen miles of my home in August and September of 2004... but, right now, it's nice. I guess every place has its advantages (and disadvantages). Thanks for the reminder Rick. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 12:00 pm:

Couldn't find it, but somewhere in the nether parts of my computer is a map showing Florida tucked up between Montana and the Dakotas, with a caption like, "We've had enough of hurricanes!"
-----

You Downunders should get your govt to break loose with some gold and bring the 10 Tanker down there on contract. It's ready and waiting for the call..
It even has Aussie FM radios in it already.

www.10Tanker.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 12:35 pm:

Hey Jim, that is how they make Ice Cream, let the cows freeze.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Halpin on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 12:50 am:

I don't think that's a picture of Hurricane Charlie. Charlie was more compact and had a clearly visable eye, (ask me how I know).
[IMG]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q32/olfart100/hurricane012.jpg[/IMG]

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 01:34 am:

I copied the hurricane postcard from somewhere in Sept '08, and I have no idea which hurricane.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 04:11 am:

45.1 Celcuis today (113 F) YUCKY.
to hot for me and my temp guage on the 13 is registering a temp above the bottom of my moto meter , l have not had it running since last weekend !!!!!!
too hot to work on the Tudor.
Our train tracks around melbourne are buckeling , poor bugga's that have to catch the train home, they aint goin no where.
We have fires less than 20 minutes from here , damn close to the Landy's now probably ringed with fires.
Hey Warwick , you ok down there ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Bowen (Aust.) on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 05:52 am:

I also hope the Landy's are ok. The local news here did say there were fires down Warwicks way.
We went through some terrible bush fires here several years ago. Was evacuated from our home. Luckily the fire only got to within about 100 yards. My thoughts are with everyone down that way.
Regards
Colin

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration