Color of spokes

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Color of spokes
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick - (2) '26's - Bartow, FL on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 04:46 pm:

If a 1926 Model T Fordor body was originally marroon with black fenders, running boards and splash shields, would the original wooden spokes have been black or marroon? How about the radiator apron? marroon or black? Thanks. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 05:32 pm:

Black.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grant Baker on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 05:34 pm:

Only the body was marroon. Everything else was black.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Alongi on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 02:14 am:

Depends on what month, I think August 26 (which would make it a 27) wires became standard & natural wood wheels with split rims were an option, before that they'd be black, although, personally I'd paint them body color. Look at my profile.

Alex

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Otto Baron on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 03:04 am:

Or you could create a festive look by alternitively painting the spokes red and white.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Albert Gonzaz on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 10:43 pm:

I'm getting ready to paint a 26 Touring that I just picked up and I was going to ask this question sooner or later but since we are here now I will ask. What color should the body, fenders, running board, splash shield, wire wheels, be? Was the radiator cover and the light cover chrome? Is there any other chrome on that car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 11:08 pm:

There was no chrome, only nickel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 11:20 pm:

I have a '27 Fordor with matching frame and engine numbers showing that it was made in October, 1926, and it has wood wheels, so they didn't all have wire wheels. My Father-in-law told me he bought a new '27 Coupe in February, 1927 and it also had wood wheels. He was born in 1901 and has been gone for 25 years.

Fordially, Keith Gumbinger

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Alongi on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 12:57 am:

Albert,
Open Bodie's would be Phoenix Brown, Fawn (Dove) grey, or gun metal, Fenders & everything else below the body would be black. The wire wheels would be a complimentary color, such as straw, carmine or orange. Mid 1926 Model T's started to get fancy, Black bodies were only for Commercial vehicles & for first time options could be had including Ruckstell rear ends.

Keith,
I believe the Natural Wood wheels were something like a 15 or 20 dollar option, probably because of the split rims, the price included the rim spreader.

Alex

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Albert Gonzaz on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 02:12 am:

Thanks Alex, Do you know where in Southern Cal. I can either see those colors or purchase them, does any one out there have pictures that you can post.
Thanks

Albert

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Alongi on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 11:54 am:

Albert, If you go to Norm Klings & my profile you'll see the phoenix brown, Norm's is true while mines a little lighter.

Alex

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration