What maifold is this?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: What maifold is this?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony Bennett - Australia on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 05:32 am:

I've seen the exhaust before but recently we aquired the matching intake... does anyone know how old this is? What it does exactly? I think there's some exhaust heating arrangement. Is it any good?

Cheers

Anthonymanifoldcloser

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 09:30 am:

It is an early Holley "vaporizer" setup. I believe this setup came with the earliest variant of the NH straight thru carb. Someone, maybe Dan Treace, posted a magazine ad for this a few months ago on the accessory carburetor thread.

It ought to run real good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison-Montana 500 President on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 02:06 pm:

Check this out.

http://www.google.com/patents?id=FJdBAAAAEBAJ&dq=1098915

You're missing a piece on the bottom of the intake. Sort of an L-shaped funnel-looking thing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony Bennett - Australia on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 10:34 pm:

Cheers blokes,

Would the exhaust heating valve have had a dash mounted control do you think? I was wondering if this thing had a decent sized intake passage, such as the early alloy manifolds.

Any ideas?

Thanks again

Anthony

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony Bennett - Australia on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 10:38 pm:

I think Dad picked this thing up because it had a straight thru NH on it... one with the cast brass control arm(s?)

The right angle fitting on the outside has been soldered up... I guess it's drilled into the intake tract, so I assume there was either a priming cup or auxilliary air inlet of some sort.
They were popular here locally I think.

Cheers

Anthony

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 07:15 am:

This type of manifold with an extra exhaust pipe ending down in the engine compartment would make the T sound very special, I guess!
The dash mounted (?) control for the amount of intake heating would also act like a mini cutout..
Interesting piece!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 09:08 am:

I have a couple if anyone is interested.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration