Need info on TA14

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Need info on TA14
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 11:50 am:

Guys: I am looking at a TA14 boring machine. Any idea on the weight of one? Thanks, Dan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 09:07 pm:

I would guess the main frame and table at 1200-1500 #. Cast Iron overarms at about 50# each, aluminum overarms at about 20# each. Drive assembly with motor at about 100#.
I'll weigh the overarms and update the weight of these later on.

There are a few other owners of these that read the forum regularly, they may have actual weights rather than my guesses.

Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 09:15 pm:

Dan
I don't know, but they are heavy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Mceachern on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 01:28 am:

Les- my biggest gear hobber weighs 23000#- the Tobin Arp is not heavy- I guess everything is relative isn't it. Anyway, the cast iron overarms are 37# each and the aluminum ones are 25# each. I hope that helps.
Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim williams on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 05:11 am:

Hey Dan,

how did you make out at Turlock last weekend?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Gaffrey on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 10:42 am:

Dan. The TA14 booklet doesn't list a weight.
A complete machine can be hauled in the back of a regular sized pickup.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration