1913 - '14 Runabout Owners . . HELP

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: 1913 - '14 Runabout Owners . . HELP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George House on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 05:11 pm:

I found out too late that Ford actually fitted turtledecks to bodies so when I attempted to fit a Ray Wells built body to an early take-off turtledeck I realized about 3/4" GAP between the body rear panel and forward top edge of the 'deck. Our friend and frequent Forum contributor, Ken Kopsky, did a real good job on the leading beads of the 'deck and narrowed that gap to around .35". My question concerns the gap acceptability you folks experience. Would ya'll please take an opportunity to measure this and inform me? Private emails would also be most appreciated and kept confidential. And did the turtledeck and floor . . carriage bolt directly to the sheet metal covered floor? Thanks to Hap Tucker, I see the body was made by Beaudette!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 05:40 pm:

1/8 " up to 1/4 "in the bends at the bottom on mine.. a little stick on foam filler (between the turtle deck and the body work {cant be seen}) as a compacted bead keeps the water out, except that which gets in thru the lid !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 06:16 pm:

I have seen several early turtledecks that fit poorly, up to 3/4 on one side or both, due to mismatched turtledecks. They were trimmed and fitted as a complete vehicle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George House on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 06:18 pm:

Thanks for the stick on foam filler idea David. I'll certainly use it. What might be the measurement from the top center of the turtledeck to the rear body panel?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 04:04 am:

top centre to rear body panel on my car is 1/32" or less
virtually touching.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration