Possible Scam

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Possible Scam
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Albert Gonzaz on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 09:06 pm:

Hi all, I have been getting phone calls and emails from a guy claiming to be in England responding to an add a placed 3 weeks back on the classified section, he has used more than one name but is always the same guy, he wants me to send him money (just for shipping) and I can pay for the parts once they get here. BE CAREFUL EVERYONE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 09:33 pm:

Good thing to do when placing ad in the classified; change the @ to the word at, add wording like nospam to your address. By now most people know to change the word at to @ and remove the word nospam. If you use other letters or numbers in the email addres just make a note in the body of the copy.
magregushnospamatjuno.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Albert Gonzaz on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 10:00 pm:

I have seen some adds with the noscam or nospam, I will do that from now on.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration