Model T Swap Meet Coming Soon

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Model T Swap Meet Coming Soon
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Thursday, December 24, 2015 - 04:04 pm:

Only 72 days until the March 6th swap meet in Marietta, Ohio.
Begin getting your stuff ready. I can only hope the weather is a good as it is today, 64 degrees and sunshine in Southern Ohio!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, December 24, 2015 - 04:20 pm:

Since your thread title fits, I'll hitch a ride. :-)

Also coming up on January 30 & 31, 2016 is the annual swap meet at the Stanislaus County Fairgrounds in Turlock, California. It's not exclusively Model T by any means, but there is occasionally some good T stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Thursday, December 24, 2015 - 04:37 pm:

There has always been lots of Model T stuff at Marietta for the last 7 or so years, since they started having it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, December 24, 2015 - 04:39 pm:

I've been to the Marietta swap meet and it is a very nice meet. I hope I can attend this year it just depends on my work schedule.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter C. Strebeck on Thursday, December 24, 2015 - 05:06 pm:

VMCCA 50th annual swap meet on January 17th, 2016 at the Jackson county Fairgrounds, 200 Ganson Street Jackson, MI.

Usually a good mix of parts to be had and it sure beats sitting around the house on a Sunday in January.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, December 24, 2015 - 05:34 pm:

Just 83 days to Chickasha. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Thursday, December 24, 2015 - 07:05 pm:

Bakersfield is just a month after Chickasha. Bakersfield is now the largest pre war swap meet in the country. You will find more real brass stuff there than any other swap meet. This meet is sponsored in part by the Kern County Model T club and T parts are in abundance. Warm weather and all on grass what else can you ask for. They really do have prewar police, and enforce the pre war rules. I understand they have sold over 400 stalls for 2016 already.

Seems most of the others have gone to chrome and later stuff. After all the negative chatter here on how Chickasha has gone down hill, I'm saving my pennies for Bakersfield.

After nearly 30 years of Hershey I no longer waist the time and money to go 3000 miles to look at the same chrome junk I can look at 5 miles from my home.

See ya in Bakersfield,

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Thursday, December 24, 2015 - 07:24 pm:

Sure you're attending the right show? Hershey is just a few miles north of York and could be confused...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Carlton on Thursday, December 24, 2015 - 08:12 pm:

This is good to know!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Thursday, December 24, 2015 - 08:25 pm:

Are you talking about Bakersfield California? Yes, it's large, every time I've been there it's put by the Horseless Carriage Club guys. But grass??? what grass, nobodies watering anything called grass out here unless it's the kind you smoke. But there is lots and lots of dirt, and lots and lots rusty parts on that dirt too. A lot of good deals out there, for sure and certain. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 12:44 am:

What are the dates for Bakersfield?? I'd like to try to make that one. I'm going to the Puyallup, Washington one in February for the first time in several years, that's the second weekend in Feb, Chickasha is in March, Bakerfield???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, December 25, 2015 - 01:59 am:

Chickasha: March 17 & 18; Bakersfield: April 14-16.

If you're not finding Model T stuff at Hershey you're not looking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 12:14 pm:

I was asked where the Marietta swap meet was held.
922 Front Street, north of Marietta at the Washington County Fairground in the Junior Fair Building. Opens at 7 am until 3 pm. Vendor set up on the evening of 4th.
Information can be had by contacting Norm Bailey at
oldcarboy@gmail.com , or 740-538-0023.
Event sponsored by the Country Roads T & A Club. Also the Mid Ohio Valley Ford and Mustang Club.
Really good food and pies too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 12:27 am:

Stan,

Bakersfield is always the weekend closest to April 15th. When you get up to Puyallup, make sure you are going to the Early bird swap meet in February not the later one in March or you might just be disappointed.

If you have the time here I would offer to buy you dinner and chat.

just sayin,

brasscarguy

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration