Wood tack strips

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Wood tack strips
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hugh Allen Harris on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 08:59 am:

Do any of you know of anyone who still produces the wood tack strips for the front and rear seats of a Touring? I'm having trouble bending my own! I don't want to use the hard rubber ones they're selling!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 09:01 am:

Do you mean these?

https://www.modeltford.com/pl.aspx?t=s&v=tack%20strip&page=1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 09:04 am:

What year Touring do you have? They were different. Here's a thread with info: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/519561.html?1424374370

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 10:09 am:

Hugh, my brother makes them and he has them on hand. PM me at rvmodelt@netsync.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 11:51 am:

Search the forum. EASY to make and bend from PVC from Lowes or Home Depot. Cheap, no rot ever, tacks hold well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jay fredrickson on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 09:26 pm:

i made some for my 27 touring last year out of pvc from home depot. I bought a 1 by 2 and cut it down to a 1by 1 by 8' for 9 dollars. Just use a little heat and it bends real well. Like bud says it hold tacks well and never rot.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration