Old Photo - Moose Jaw Sask. Canada Street Scene 1920's

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Moose Jaw Sask. Canada Street Scene 1920's
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 10:48 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 11:23 am:

Good one, thanks Jay. I'll send that to my cousin, she lives in MJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 01:56 pm:

Is that how they usually park in Moose Jaw? All of the cars I can see are backed in on an angle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 02:06 pm:

If the car on the left is a 20's Overland at least one of the front and rear springs is parallel to the side walk.

Great picture. I've always liked the name "Moose Jaw"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 03:09 pm:

"I've always liked the name "Moose Jaw"

Be glad you don't live in the next town !!

That postcard would have been issued after the old train station was razed and the new Italianite style station was built, complete with a clock tower.

The clock seen on the left side is City Hall. That clock has to be wound by hand.

Regards all,
Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 03:15 pm:

Yeah, I think the next town over is Moose Knuckle where they all park in the ditch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 03:49 pm:

yes thats a mod 91 overland.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 04:09 pm:

Thanks Charlie. I thought you would know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 04:41 pm:

Is that "Ass in a Boa" music store?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 05:39 pm:

Today it is the Cornerstone Bar and Grill

8 Main St N, Moose Jaw, SK S6H 3J6

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Cornerstone+Inn+Pub+%26+Eatery+Ltd/@50.3896935,-105.5347282,3a,75y,320.72h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sXZio-5qs_AxCq7U1 fWHv2A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xb3318ed1d07f7062!6m1!1e1

don't know how to capture image from google

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Evan Davis, Prince Albert, SK on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 06:09 pm:

That's Assiniboia music - they parked like that through the 20s and then changed to nose- in angle parking. Interesting, many of the buildings in that picture still stand today- as Moose Jaw has done an excellent job of preserving their historic downtown.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 06:56 pm:

one of the cars is still there .......

https://www.google.ca/maps/@50.389692,-105.5342429,3a,75y,318.83h,83.35t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1stZp860FdwKwQhZ s1LOOA-A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 09:11 pm:

Shawn,

I clipped it from the 8 Main Street you had.

If you move down the street some, you can see the clock tower a little better.

Pretty town.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 10:18 pm:

Here's what you would see if looking backwards (or south) from Jay's photo. This new CPR station was nearly complete.

Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 11:27 pm:

What's the matter? Can't anyone spell Saskech... Sanskats... Sascetup... Sask. Oh heck. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 01:29 am:

That like trying to pronounce Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Ken!

Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 11:15 am:

Cousin said:

A lot of those buildings are still standing, in spite of a couple of major fires downtown, usually at this time of year for some reason. Next time you come to MJ Iíll take you to this corner (right in front of the old train station). That first building on the left has been a tavern for decades and is now a brew pub called the Cornerstone. I can see the City Hall tower further down on that side. Itís still there, too, but the clock rarely works. We have some nice old buildings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 07:15 pm:

This is from a post card when my Great Grand dad had a farm in SK.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration