How many Ts with Chevrolet heads?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: How many Ts with Chevrolet heads?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 11:15 am:

There is an interesting thread about the installation of a Chevy head on a T engine... I am wondering how many of these installations there are. And how many methods are used. Performance? Problems?

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/533946.html?1451550616

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 12:13 pm:

Thanks for bring this back to the forefront. My project doing this has gotten stalled. Sold the mounting plate to raise funds for other things and as it was, didn't like the design. This was not a Thunderbolt conversion it was different. There were several different people making these over the years. Jern's business is being sold off.

http://jernthunderbolt.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Kirtley on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 05:14 pm:

Hi John, I have two complete JERN O/H kits, one for a model "T", and one for an "A". Bought them from Neal about three years ago, Intake manifolds,blanking plates,valve covers, gaskets, and all parts nessesary for install, Also two complete finished heads and all the instructions for both. Haven't got around to install them yet. If anyone wants any copies or any info that I have please PM me email. fordfool@verizon.net Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 07:30 pm:

There was a Chevy head and adaptor plate here on the classifieds a little while ago. While I have no immediate use for it I would love to get it to hang onto before some hoarder does...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 07:54 pm:

Tim, the way you worded that, it should read
some 'other' hoarder does...

I know of 2 running at this end of the world.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rusty Skerten on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 08:00 pm:

I have one I built on my 27 roadster down here in New Zealand.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 12:35 am:

I should add I know and have worked on a very nice Model A speedster with the conversation kit. Great sound.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 11:25 am:

What is the "up" side to doing a Chevy head conversion ? And what Chevy head is being used ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 11:37 am:

COST! :-) While the up to 1927 heads can be used they only have a single exhaust port and the valves were about the same size as the T. The 1928 has 2 exhaust ports and larger valves. There is an Olds head with three ports but not real common to find.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 11:41 am:

Relatively inexpensive to put together in comparison to an overheard conversion duly designed for a T block such as the Fronty or RAJO.

I've installed & been in both camps - Chev. & factory overheads so I'm clearly biased to utilizing equipment designed soley for the Model T !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 11:59 am:

i acquired one of those Chevy heads about two decades ago when I was going to "do something". Well, that never happened. The head is still in the garage. Somewhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 01:22 pm:

One operating Chevy head conversion here in Texas also. Seems to have good speed and power.
Willie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 02:18 pm:

There are a bunch of them around here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 04:21 pm:

Neal Jern was the established producer of the adapter plate and many accessories. Don't know how much of the inventory is left after the business closed. But I hear that several members with CNC capabilities are thinking of making their own. Supposed to be straight forward ...once the process is established and tested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Noller on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 07:46 pm:

I would like to acquire a print for the adapter plate if someone out there has one they could copy. I have a CNC militant needs something to do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Noller on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 07:48 pm:

Stupid auto-spell. How about CNC mill.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 02:52 pm:

Anybody have any photos of installations, details of assembly and interesting details?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Carlton on Monday, January 04, 2016 - 06:50 am:

Wow, check this site out...everything but the rockers...
http://www.marxparts.com/repro%20chevy.htm#rocker arm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Carlton on Monday, January 04, 2016 - 02:54 pm:

I just ordered a fresh set of rocker shafts and bushings, I was contemplating having to make them myself. So glad I don't have to.
Been emailing Robert, seems like a nice guy.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration