26 coupe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 26 coupe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Niel Beck on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 05:50 pm:

Just got a 26 coupe a couple of weeks ago and know I'm going to have questions. A brief description:
26 coupe in very good shape considering it has been outside since 1960.
engine has a Frontenac head (this is where most of the questions are going to come from), water pump, oil pump and magnetoe instead of generator, down draft carburator (another question area).
counter balanced crank
ruxtel
It has not run since 1960 but the engine turned over once the head was off.

in the fieldready to load

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 07:25 pm:

NICE!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 07:25 pm:

Sweet ! I don't answer questions, I create them~
Looks like a perfect project car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 07:57 pm:

It's amazing how complete and solid that car looks considering there is no paint left on it. Closed cars and the '26-'27 era really go together.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 08:55 pm:

Neil, we don't need no stinkin' paint. I wouldn't touch anything on that car but the tires and glass.

Look at my profile photo to see what I mean.

Happy New Year, Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By HARRY A DAW Troy, Mo. on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 09:39 pm:

You have a very good find.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 09:49 pm:

Body looks really straight. With that Frontenac head, get her going and you will have a real flying machine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Carlton on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 11:51 pm:

What a find!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Niel Beck on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 12:52 am:

Terry, my sentiments exactly about the paint. Let these cars show their age.
Dave, I was amazed myself when I first saw it. When I cleaned out the inside I found what was left of the original floor boards. The seat minus the back rest looks like it still has some of the original material on it. The windows roll up and down and the door handles actually work.
Harry and Jim, it is a good find, and it was only three miles from where I live about 1/4 mile off the road behind a fence. My brother in law got word of it from a beet hauler.
Ted, the body only has one minor dent in it and a couple of rusted out spots, both of the hidden and will be addressed when I get to that point.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 03:18 am:

How did that thing set since 1960 with a Fronty on it and not be discovered? Niel, do you have any idea how lucky you are to have found this? Obviously, more pictures are required! GREAT find!!!!! Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 06:01 pm:

One wonders WHY it was parked in 1960?
Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 08:42 am:

Perhaps he was old. He ran out of gas, walked to the gas station, forgot why he was there, and the station manager gave him a ride home. You know it's an age thing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 08:44 am:

On the serious side he may have parked it when he went into the service and never made it home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 12:10 am:

I think I see a tinge of the original green paint that it came of the assembly line with. Fantastic find! Jim Patrick

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration