WWI T assembly and WWI railroad gun

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: WWI T assembly and WWI railroad gun
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 08:52 pm:

WWI T's and railroad gunWWI  T's and railroad gun

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 08:57 pm:

The book these pictures were taken from, have many pictures of WWI trucks and ambulances, but this was the only pictures of Model T's. The other trucks pictured in the book, were larger, heavier trucks; probably something like Autocar or Oskosh, maybe White or mack, too, but much bigger than a TT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Prideaux Margaret River West Oz on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 09:30 pm:

Hi Terry, can you give us the name of the book? Sounds like a good read.

Regards, Russ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 09:58 pm:

Russ, The book is in a two volume set entitled "Forward March". It was published by The Disabled American Veterans and given to monetary contributors. It was copyrighted in 1934, 35, 36, 37, 38, and 1939. The two volume set is long out of print and I have never seen another set, anywhere. Each book measures 10 3/4 wide and 13 3/4" tall. Each is over 1" thick. Volume one has 239 pages and volume two has 249 pages. Each book is 99% photographs of ships, tanks, planes, battlefields, and actual photographs taken during the war. If I posted every individual photo in the book on this Forum, it would make the number of photos that Jay in California, posts, look like he was just getting started!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Prideaux Margaret River West Oz on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 08:12 am:

Thanks Terry. It sounds like a great book

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 09:04 am:

Nice pics Terry. The Progressive Insurance gal (forget her name) would appreciate the "women at work", and wow that is one intimidating cannon isn't it? I'd hate to have that pointing anywhere near my neighborhood!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 02:48 pm:

Is there any interest in me posting any pictures from this set of books, showing ambulances, supply trucks, etc, even though they are obviously not on Ford T or TT chassis? If so, I'll scan them and post them on the 2016 Forum page.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 03:29 pm:

Tim, 'Flo' is the Progressive Gal. Someone sent me a nice picture of her, but I can't post it on the Forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 06:36 pm:

I wonder if many of the women shown working were there out of necessity because their husbands, brothers, etc., were at the front or had been killed or injured?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 07:20 pm:

Thanks Terry, I thought it was Flo, but didn't wanna make any more of a fool of myself than I already have before!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Prideaux Margaret River West Oz on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 07:57 pm:

Thanks Terry, I have managed to find one on Alibris. Hopefully now on it's way across the ocean!.
Appears to be a few on Abe and Alibris at the moment for anyone interested

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 09:57 pm:

Did you get both volumes and what did you pay it? Just wondering. Surprised you found any. As I've said, I've never seen another set. The original contributor's name, should be printed inside the first few pages of volume one. My Dad's name was.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Prideaux Margaret River West Oz on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 08:37 am:

Terry, both volumes 1934. $30 USD. Of course by the time it gets here with exchange rate and postage it is over double that. There are quite a few on eBay, Abe, Alibris. $35 to $250.
Looking forward to it, and thanks again for the heads up

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration