Results of MTFCA Board Election

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Results of MTFCA Board Election
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 10:32 am:

Happy New Year from the MTFCA Office.

We would first like to thank all members who exercised their right to vote for three individuals to serve as Board members during 2016-2018.

Congratulations to Rick Bonebright of Florence, MT for being re-elected to a second term. Congratulations also go to David Corman of Lovington, IL and Keith Gumbinger of Kenosha, WI. Iím sure they look forward to hearing from the members they all represent.

We also want to express sincere thanks to retiring board members, Dennis Gorder of Baraboo, WI and Bill Sherrill of Houston, TX. They have both served the MTFCA tirelessly over the years and we know they will remain active members of the club and their local chapters.

If you have any questions about this information, please feel free to contact me at susan.mtfca.com or call the MTFCA office. The office is closed Jan. 1 for the holiday.

Thanks again for voting. It is an important benefit of your MTFCA membership.

Best wishes for a great 2016!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Leonhardt on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 12:25 pm:

Congratulations Keith Gumbinger --- you'll be a great ambassador for/to the MTFCA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 12:52 pm:

THREE CHEER'S FOR MODEL T CLUB OF AMERICA

AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF THE MEMBERS Of THE MTFCA CLUB WORLD WIDE.

I KNOW I'M ON CAPS LOCK BUT I WANT EVERYONE TO HEAR ME SHOUTING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 01:17 pm:

Jack, Thank you, and many thanks to everyone who voted for me.

I will do my best to make our Model T hobby and the MTFCA the best that they can be.

With the transition of club management from Jay and Barbara to Susan Yaeger, there's lots to do.

Of course, it goes with out saying that we owe a big THANK YOU to Jay and Barbara for all they've done for the club over the last 25 years, and our pledge to help Susan as much as possible to keep the club growing as it should.

Thank you all!

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 08:06 pm:

Hey Keith, U da Man!! I just told Vonnie that you are now on the board and she also says THAT'S GREAT. Thanks for running AND WINNING. Cheers, Hal

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By doug hauge upstate NY stittville 13469 on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 09:01 pm:

great to have you on the board keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 02:49 pm:

I have asked this (fairly casually, as I recall) before and never received an answer. Every year, we are asked to vote for members of the board. MTFCA is a national club and has many members whom I don't know well, or don't even know at all. From time to time, someone is a candidate whom I do know and think would be a good board member. My dilemma then is that I must vote for three candidates, no more and no fewer. It bothers me to vote in an election - any election - based on what is effectively a coin flip, so I end up not voting. If there are five candidates for three positions on my local school board, for instance, I can vote for three of them, two of them, or one of them. Why can't I do that in an MTFCA election?

I kind of assume that it is designed somehow to prevent ballot-box stuffing, but is that really an issue in a club as large and diverse as MTFCA?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 05:51 pm:

MR Lodge say's it better and it's spelled right!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 06:51 pm:

Thank you, Bud. Happy New Year! (By the way, my dad was Mr. Lodge. I am Dick.) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 11:31 pm:

Thank you Hal and Doug!

Bud and Dick, I've received the same comment about having to vote for 3 candidates (no more and no less). Even my Wife wonders why it is this way. I don't know why, but will bring the question up. I'm sure it's been that way for a long time and someone must have an opinion on it, but I'll try to find out why.

Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 11:38 pm:

Thanks, Keith. It always seems a shame to me to skip voting, but I can't bring myself to vote randomly when I don't know the people I am being required to vote for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 01:29 pm:

Yes, Keith, I'd also like this issue brought up. I have a hard time voting for a candidate I do not know, realizing that I am voting AGAINST a candidate I also don't know. I may be casting a vote against the best person for the position, so am hesitant to vote unless I know ALL the candidates. Teresa and I are looking forward to seeing you and your wife in NY!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 11:18 pm:

Thanks, Noel. BTW, I sent you an email.

Best wishes to you and Teresa,

Keith

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration