Old Photo - July 17, 1915 Dearborn, MI to Indianapolis, IN

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - July 17, 1915 Dearborn, MI to Indianapolis, IN
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 10:36 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 03:27 pm:

The first thing that caught my eye? A brass T with wire wheels. The fact is, that was very rare in the brass era. There are probably many, many, many, more brass Ts on the road today with wire wheels than there ever were during the brass era.
Then I saw the cowl vent, and a few other details. Hello Edsel! That is the one and only most famous brass era T with wire wheels. Edsel Ford's 1915 cross country drive car.
Nice photo! Thank you Jay!
Maybe some computer wiz can clean it up a bit?
Drive carefully, and enjoy the New Year! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 04:56 pm:

Is that Henry standing in the background on the left side?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 04:57 pm:

Tony Bowker posted a lot of the photos in July 2015 from Edsel's trip, including that one, here:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/555577.html?1436799895

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 06:19 am:

I wonder why it took so long for Henry to get around to putting the cowl vent into production?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 10:52 am:

James, I have it from a good authority that it was because he was cheap! A penny here and a penny there and pretty soon you're talking big money. :-)

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 11:05 am:

Here's another photo from the start of the same trip.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration