January 1,2016 Brunch

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: January 1,2016 Brunch
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 11:13 am:

It's 8:06 AM and 43 degrees F outside. The sun is shining. I am going to attempt to start the T. It usually starts very well, but I won't say I am going to start it until it actually does start! Then we plan to take our next door neighbors for a ride. The top is down. About 2 miles from here our church group will have a New Years Brunch starting at 10:00 AM. Brunch means breakfast for those who stayed up till midnight and for those of us who watched it turn midnight on the east coast, it is lunch (they celebrate midnight at 9:00 PM) :-) The paper says the high today is expected to be 60 degrees. I hope it is near the high when we begin our journey.

Happy New Year,
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 11:15 am:

I don't know why this appears on the 2015 forum?
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 01:08 pm:

It's about 25 with wind blowing from the east here in Portland Or. If my battery was not in the 48 F2 out at Mom and Dads I might go for a drive too. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 03:06 pm:

Its 36 with 15 mph gusts of wind here in north west Georgia mountains. Sorta glad though it was 70 @ Christmas. Gonna take the model A coupe for a new year ride and stop at my brothers who lives in the same subdivision I do. Then work on the model T engine. What a great start to 2016. This is the best forum I have ever been a part of. Lots of good people with great model T knowledge. Thanks to everyone and Happy New Year!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 03:30 pm:

I did a 16 mile drive in my T this morning, it was a bit windy and just below freezing, so I put on the winter front.

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 07:26 pm:

Mark, I don't know where Hillsboro is, but apparently and fortunately you're not near all that horrible flooding. We had 29 dropping to 25 degrees this afternoon with wind gusts to almost 30 mph so driving any of the T's was totally out of the question. :-( Norman I'm sure you got out, hope you had a nice ride.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 07:36 pm:

Thanks for the concern, Tim. Hillsboro was unaffected by the flooding, but nearby towns like High Ridge, Arnold, Valley Park, Pacific and Fenton were hit.

The Meramec river crested at a new record, 44.1 feet, which is 28.1 feet above flood stage.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration