Help identifying differential

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Help identifying differential
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike-Iowa on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 12:44 pm:

Does anyone have some pictures that show a correct late 13, early 14 differential. I am most interested in the spool and torque tube details. The housings are correct and it has cast end radius rods but I think the spool I have is very early and the torque may be after 14. Thanks, mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 01:52 pm:

Do you have the Rodda books and/or the encyclopedia? If not, and if nobody beats me to it, I'll post some pictures later.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 02:55 pm:

Check the classifieds. There is one listed for sale. It may be what your looking for. There is some good pics of it to check out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 03:37 pm:

The rear axle for sale has the 1920 & later spool. It's also listed as 1913-1916, but beginning about March 1915 the riveted rear housings ended. The last 1915 cars have the later type housings, but without the reinforcing fins on the backing plates.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 09:12 am:

There were three styles of the enclosed closed spools. On the two earliest, the rim of the spool nearest the rear end did not have bumps at the bolt holes. The later ones did. The very earliest accepted only 3/8" studs, not the 13/32" studs we see on the others. The one pictured is the second one produced.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 09:15 am:

Forgot the add, the 13-14 rear ends used the last of the three enclosed spools. It had bumps on the rearward rim and accepted 13/32" diameter studs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 11:11 am:

I don't have your drive shaft tube to shoot, so here's the page that covers it in Rodda's second book.

Here's your pinion spool:

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration