Tire Suggestions Needed. More Agressive Tread for 21"

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Tire Suggestions Needed. More Agressive Tread for 21"
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 04:01 pm:

Creating a WWI Light Patrol Vehicle and I'm used to the military NDT tires. Non Directional Tread or No Damn Traction depending on who you talk to.
I've got 21" wire wheels that I'm going to use because that's what I got and that's the look I want. The 4.00/4.40 x 21 tires that I'm seeing for sale from the vendors just look like bicycle tires to me. I've read some posts on motorcycle knobby tires, but I'm not sure I want to risk my life over the look.
I walked by a tire vendor at a recent swa meet and he looked like he had some 6 ply tires that might be for a TT that a more "snow tire" type tread or a more open shoulder lug than the Passenger tires.
Anyone have a lead or guide me towards a 21" tire with an open, aggresive tread disign? Copy some links here to let me know what company makes them and the size and I'll research them.

Thanks in advance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 05:28 pm:

Coker has some that may be interesting to you. Try this link:

https://www.cokertire.com/tires/excelsior-comp-h.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 09:09 pm:

Have you tried the Riverside tires? They have the knobbiest tread of any of the T tires being sold today.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 03:11 am:

Robert, this no help to your question, but your comment "No Damn Traction" cracked me up. I never have, and probably never will, understand why our Military insisted on using that design for so many years when there were so many other designs that were WAY better. What did it take, 50 some years before they finally wised up? Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 12:28 pm:

Hmmmmm....
I'm just not seeing the tread I am searching for on a 21? wheel. I think the wire wheel 21" is the determing factor here. Some aggresive treads on the wooden wheel sizes, but not much on the 21".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 05:41 pm:

Any reasons why these wouldnt' work. Not the most aggresive tread, but a little wider stance on the wire wheels wouldn't hurt.
$99 and free shipping is $250 cheaper for a set of 5 than most Model T tires.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coker-Tire-Tire-Coker-Classic-Bias-Ply-450-475-21-Blackw all-Each-/390970230980?hash=item5b07a448c4:g:5DwAAOSwqu9U~79u&vxp=mtr

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration