Period photo of 1912 T showing interesting details

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Period photo of 1912 T showing interesting details
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Brand on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 05:34 pm:

Happy new year to all. The postcard below is on ebay. It's date stamped 1912 and shows some great detail of a 1912 Touring Car including striping. What is really interesting though is the tool roll on the fender.

Andrew

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 07:13 pm:

The spark plug socket is standing on end!

Great picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 07:17 pm:

Now that is a good one!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 07:44 pm:

Andrew,

Thanks for posting. Great info on the tool roll!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 08:30 pm:

Too bad it's not an original tool roll, nor some of the tools!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 08:39 pm:

Whaddya mean "too bad" ??? Is that some sort of purist arrogance attitude, or something
else ? Like it's somehow less cool that those neat old tools and roll weren't used by Henry
himself ?

I guess I should junk my truck because it no longer has original paint, tires, ... hell the air in
the tires ain't even original !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 08:46 pm:

It's unlikely that the tools in the tool bag were even used by the Ford Motor Company. Those tools in the bag were put there to get the job done by the owner, not necessarily same as used on an assembly line.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 09:59 pm:

i dont know if there original or not but look good enough for any damed old ford i ever worked on ha,ha.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hanson on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 11:35 pm:

Nice photo, Andrew. Thanks for sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 09:27 am:

1912 tools and bag:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 12:19 pm:

If you refer to the parts book that photo came from, it mentions which tools were included with the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 03:18 pm:

Burger, I think what Larry meant was that it's too bad FOR US that it's not an original; otherwise, we could see what a nearly new one looked like.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 10:28 am:

Really like that photo Andrew.

Did this close-up of the tools. Looks like screwdriver handle is painted black. The early plug wrench as forged. Pliers with tip on handle like a screwdriver too.

Other items, 2 tire tools, the # 1917 small open end wrench, early hub cap wrench, a linesman pliers, and what looks like a small wood handle chisel.

Fun!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 12:21 pm:

Just because ford supplied the tools doesn’t mean they were the best for the job. I would prefer the socket for removing and installing spark plugs vs an open end wrench. I know people today that have a pristine set of ford tools but they are just for show when they actually work on their "T's" they go to their modern tools for efficiency :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 12:33 pm:

Dan the chisel is realy a wooden handle ajstable wrench.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Sumner lapeer mi on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 05:13 pm:

I have seen one other tool roll like the one on the post card. It was for sale several years ago and I saved the picture. Les
tool roll

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george schreppler on Monday, January 04, 2016 - 03:57 pm:

anyone notice the 2339 stewart swivel wrench? Guess the 1912's had an 1800 swivel instead of the 1913 model

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration