They are out there

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: They are out there
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 05:38 pm:

The alternator failed on my Silverado pickup so we had it towed to my home.
The AAA guy was nice so I asked him if he would like to see my toys.
When I told him that the 19 was a model T he said, " I am from Detroit and have never seen one of those before. It is great."
His smile was as wide as the garage door.
He didn't ask how much it was worth. He just enjoyed seeing the car.

We spent 15 minutes explaining how it it driven.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 05:42 pm:

Must have been a "young" AAA employee.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 05:50 pm:

I did the same with my propane delivery guy. Said it made his day. He didn't even charge me for the mandatory "Leak Check" as I had let the tank run out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell R. on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 06:59 pm:

I broke down on the I15 way north of Salt Lake City, bad phone coverage etc and ended being picked up by a AAA gal about 10:30pm and hauled into town, she drove me all around town helping me find a decent motel, parked my truck and Big Tex trailer up for me and then said, I was supposed to get you to drop your pickup at my bosses shop where they would take you to the cleaners on any work needed, so instead she gave me a small list of decent shops in town which I thought was great.
Even offered a free tow to my chosen shop in the morning as long as I was willing to fit in with her other jobs.
She was also such a old car nut I could not believe her knowledge so since my tow was for quite a long distance we had a great time chatting to pass the time on the hwy.
Don't find many like that any more...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 10:17 pm:

A AA guys here have a yearly contest who hauled the kool estate car . I found this out when I had my dad's model A roadster towed home when what broke was not under the seat.
He really got a thrill when a few days later I drove it to there shop gave all the guys a ride needless to say he won last year

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration