First Model T job in 2016

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: First Model T job in 2016
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 06:00 pm:

I had some time left and started the rebuild of a master coil I bought a few weeks ago.
Cleaned it all out, get a new capacitor, new contact points and new wires in it.
It buzz and make the coils spark again on my HCCT.

Before:

And After:

Will test it later on a driving car.

Happy New Year

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 02:52 am:

Looks good Andre, happy new year!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Brancato, Burbank CA on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 02:42 am:

Beautiful Andre. It's almost a work of art both inside and out! Just beautiful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 08:23 pm:

Andre, I also tried to use a master vibrator on my 1912 touring. I got it all set up and working good in the garage. Next I took it out on a small club outing. It worked good until the master vibrator decided to quit, so did the car. At that point I decided to do a quick wiring change back to the standard coil wiring. The car did run OK till the master vibrator quit working.
Willie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Monday, January 04, 2016 - 02:14 am:

Willie,
I am running a KW master coil for two years now, on a 1922 woody, without any problems ( about 5000 miles).
I have a few other MC, they work but I can't get them work as well as the KW. With all the coils I did the same job: New point (If I could find them), new wiring and new capacitor. The only things that are reused are the coils.
This is the second KW master coil I have rebuild. Did it the same way as the others.
Finding the right set up was no problem on my HCCT. In spring time ( maybe before) I will put on the woody and test it on the car while running.
Will keep you posted.
Andre
Belgium

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration