OT - Words Of Wisdom For The New Year

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT - Words Of Wisdom For The New Year
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 06:28 pm:

Off the wall at the BBQ Joint in Monroe, LA ... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 08:23 pm:

May your health outlive your years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 08:33 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 10:41 pm:

I'm a big fan of signs in restaurants. This was in Sedona AZ.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 01:45 am:

The Main Street Diner in town has a sign that says "Free beer tomorrow." I think I will stop in there next time I'm in town.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 12:50 pm:

Freighter Jim, Burger & Dick - Good stuff! I like the one that says words to the effect of:

"Don't be too critical of Mom when she asks for help on the computer,.....she taught you how to use a spoon".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 01:14 pm:

Dad had one in the kitchen as you were leaving. It said "Don't let the door hit you in the a__ on the way out" I told him it was in poor taste. He replied "this way I don't always have to be here to tell you in person"! It must have made sense, I don't remember a time when it wasn't there. What a guy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 02:20 pm:

My junior high school drafting teacher had a sign by the clock, "Notice clock watchers. Time will pass, you may not."

At report card time he hung a towel on a hook by the door. The sign over it said simply, "Crying Towel".

In today's world he would probably have been in big trouble for posting such things. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 02:45 pm:

I am a big fan of creative graffiti. My brother and I are "collectors" of wisdom as has been
posted above, and often find additional tidbits written on bathroom walls and elsewhere. We
can carry on whole conversations in "secret code" we have picked up from such sources. Our
wives often comment on "those Burger boys" and our "voodoospeak" that sounds like real
English, but makes no sense to anyone listening. We often leave everyone in the dust when
playing word games, when we can get the other to say some obscure word or phrase with the
simple drop of another obscure word or phrase.

The crying towel reminds me of a time when I hired my sister to do some work when she had
young kids and the cost of kiddy care made working a wash for any meaningful income. I had
a house going up, and the kids were free to run about the house and property all day while we
worked. All was good until the kids would either hurt themselves or get to fighting. Sis was at
a loss on how to keep them from crying, etc., so I gave Sis a lesson in Kidpsych 101 .... The
Crying Room. I found a rather uninviting place in the house ... the furnace room, and designated
it to the kids as The Crying Room, informing them that all crying was to be done there and nowhere
else. As predicted, the kids had a stronger disinterest in being in that room than they did with
crying. We had very little issues with crying for the duration. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 09:09 pm:

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 12:22 am:

I remember a sign in a small town café in the middle of Montana. Simply stated, "Be a good duck and take care of your bill"!!!!!!

just sayin,

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 01:10 am:

Seen in a café,

The difference between this place and the Titanic?

They had a band.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 09:29 am:

The Difficult we do immediately,The impossible takes a minute or two! Please be patient with us while we work on your request.
This was the sign that hung over my desk when I was in the NAVY it now resides in my garage :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 11:39 am:

Seen in a Sunset Boulevard second hand store: Old junk is better than new crap.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 12:10 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Retka on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 01:09 pm:

Everyone brings joy to this place, some by entering-some by leaving.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 08:08 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 10:10 pm:

Grandpa always said this about "us boys"

"When you have one boy helping you,
you have the help of one boy".

"When you have 2 boys helping you,
you have the help of 1/2 a boy".

"When you have 3 boys helping you,
you ain't got shit".

I used to think grandpa was just being funny, but now I know he was speaking the truth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 11:14 pm:

Seen in a restaurant in Wallace, Indiana:

"I'm just working here until a good fast food job opens up!"

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration