1914 Spindle Arm

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1914 Spindle Arm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garry Potter on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 07:24 pm:

Are the right and left side spindle arms the same part for both sides on a 1914 Model T. Are the part numbers the same
Thanks
Garry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 07:36 pm:

The right side has a hole for speedo mount. If you need them I have a set you can have.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Friday, January 01, 2016 - 07:55 pm:

I believe the correct spindle arm on the passenger side has a hole in it for the speedometer mount even though most cars were shipped without speedometers in 1914. The parts catalog I have which is effective June 1, 1916 shows the spindle arm for the drivers side as 2696 and the passenger side as 2696B and lists the same part numbers for 1911-1916. The picture of 2696B shows the spindle arm with the hole. I guess that really doesn't answer your question directly as it may be that 2696 can be sued on either side but both my '14s have the spindle arm with the hole on the passenger side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 08:18 am:

dont have the spindles any more :-( gary wheeler snapped them up off the classifieds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garry Potter on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 10:45 am:

Thanks for the replies
I now have both spindle arms for my project. I did learn that the 26-27 spindle arms are different than the earlier arms.
One of the arms is slightly larger than the hole to insert. I suppose the best method is a lot of sanding of the arm with emery paper. Is there a better way.?
Garry

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration