Second worst film ever!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Second worst film ever!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 12:41 am:

I just saw a terrible film, almost as bad as "Charge of the Model T's". It is called "Won Ton Ton, the dog who saved Hollywood".

It is truly awful with a fantastic cast. Filmed in 1976 it seems to have every famous actor living at the time making cameo appearances. It is worth watching just to pick out the famous actors.

The best part is it is set in the late '20's and it seems to have hundreds of restored cars of many types. It is heavy on Model T, Model TT and various buses. A lot of the vehicles get crashed, but you start to see the same cars (Franklins, Pierces etc.) used over and over in different scenes.

It is painful to watch, but fun to see such a variety of cars!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 08:24 am:

It's often hard to appreciate a farce. The folks making the movie probably had more fun than the audience!

Here's the trailer:

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=won+ton+ton%2c+the+dog+who+saved+hollywood&v iew=detail&qpvt=won+ton+ton%2c+the+dog+who+saved+hollywood&mid=E11D2EF9F3224C777 407E11D2EF9F3224C777407

Teaming the Ritz Brothers with Victor Mature, Johnny Weissmuller, Tab Hunter and Yvonne de Carlo is pretty odd.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 01:36 pm:

The worst movie ever made can be credited to Ed Wood!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 02:51 pm:

I'll take any of these over the contrived and sappy garbola foisted upon the public in
the 1980's. Can anyone say "Dirty Dancing" ? "Desperately Seeking Susan" ? The list
was VERY long.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 12:38 pm:

Burger - I agree with you on the films you mentioned, and many others of the same ilk from the 80s were terrible. However, there were some excellent films made in the 1980s as well. "Raiders of the Lost Ark", "Raging Bull", "Chariots of Fire", "Gandhi", "The Right Stuff" and many other great films also came out in the 80s.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 05:27 pm:

I seem to have missed on conveying my point. This film is worth suffering through in order to enjoy the multitude of cars in action. Unfortunately all the cars are restored and look showroom fresh, even the working TT's.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration