Old Photo ID the cars?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo ID the cars?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 11:34 am:

Ninth Avenue at Main Street in Winfield, looking east.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg - Tarboro, NC on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 11:39 am:

3 Street Cars

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 01:05 pm:

I gotta call bull! There wasn't that many people in the entire state of Kansas. Probably Missouri people on their way to Denver. Okay, I'm just kidding Steve. :-) It's a very interesting photo. must have been a summer celebration of some sorts. All the fancy hats are out on the street.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 01:21 pm:

Steve, I think that all the locals have stopped to watch those two guys help that girl get her motor bike re-started. Her guy friend (seen just to the right of her in the original photo, behind skimmer hat helper dude) didn't even get off of his bike!

Cool Bike and female owner

Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 01:25 pm:

"ID the cars". Well, the one closest to the camera, I'm not sure about, and the rest,.....I don't know. Glad I could help,.....harold. ;^)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 01:28 pm:

Cars, hair styles, dress puts this in early teens. The girl with the motor bike is the only female in pants. I really like the hair styles, long dresses and the hats. Just try and stage a photo like this for a cover like the HCCA Gazette. I've done it a couple of times and you can always find an anomaly... not in a real period photo!

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 01:29 pm:

Oh come on Harold, that one is obviously a Ford!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 01:53 pm:

I can make some guesses. The car in the lower right had corner looks like a right hand drive '09-'10 T. The one behind it the same only left land drive. The first car on the left a T also. All 3 seem to have the early dogleg top bows with the head bumper front bow. The first car to the left of the graffiti on the pole could be a 2-cyl Buick. The girl's motor cycle a Harley single. All too fuzzy for me to be sure.

Thanks for the puzzle Steve.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 02:22 pm:

Yes, I'd say summer because of all the guys with straw hats and no coats. I would guess it's Saturday, because that was market day when lots of country folks came to town. Probably not July 4, as they don't have the flags out. From the styles of the hats and the ladies' clothes I would guess sometime around 1910. Anybody else notice something unusual about the RHD Ford?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 08:35 pm:

The RHD car in the lower right, is not a Model T. If it's a Ford, it's earlier. The top bows are shaped much like on a Model F and it has a roll down windscreen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 12:25 am:

There's a 1 horse power wagon(brand unknown) just to the left of the cycle girl.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 01:03 am:

Steve,

"something unusual about the RHD Ford"

Brass steering column?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration