5 lug front wheels on a TT , normal ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 5 lug front wheels on a TT , normal ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 02:13 pm:

Just a thought , never noticed until now that my dads TT project were working on has 21" 5 lug wheels , are these special for the TT or can we just put on regular 21" wheels when we're ready ? I'm apparently oblivious because my dad asked me if I had any rubber we could put this on and that's when I we saw the 5th lug , it's gonna be a great year !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 02:23 pm:

To the best of my knowledge the 21" front wheels used on a TT are typically 4 lug. I like the idea of the extra lug, but it is unusual.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 02:26 pm:

Not Ford. TT front wheels were the same regular wheels used on the cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 02:40 pm:

That's what I thought , but seeing the five lugs threw me , so they're aftermarket , that's fine , we have plenty of 4 lug ones around. Thanks guys .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 02:41 pm:

Travis, those are aftermarket wheels. I think there were more than one manufacturer, I believe Firestone was one. You may be able to find a name on the lugs. Are they wood or steel felloes? If they are steel, there may be a name stamped in them. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Saturday, January 02, 2016 - 02:48 pm:

Here's a picture of the hubcap , Firestone ?? Pretty rusty , but I guess I should pay more attention , always something to learn though , love that !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 08:37 am:

Dave , they have steel felloes , 5 lug , once We get them changed I'll clean them up a bit and see if they're worth getting rid of ( if my dad doesn't want to horde them , they're his ) not sure what they condition of the felloes are , there was one rim with them but it's rusted completely out .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 10:07 am:

I have a pair of rears just like that if anyone needs them, they are not very common, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 11:05 am:

To answer the original question yes the wheels are Firestone, a common and popular aftermarket demountable wood felloe wheel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Monday, January 04, 2016 - 10:03 am:

Thanks Royce , these have steel felloes , are rims hard to get ??

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration